New Mom here

Options
Psyb3r
Psyb3r Posts: 176 Member
Hi Everyone!

New mom here, not new MFP'er though. I've been on here since 2011 and had lost a total of 95 lbs originally. I was pregnant last year and gained about 35lbs. Since I've had my baby, I've only lost 5lbs.. :-( My baby is now 9 months old and I'd like to lose the 30 lbs that I had gained. I could use some help though because I'm a little nervous about losing weight/cutting calories while breastfeeding. I've got a very touchy supply so I'm afraid to cut any calories and lose it. I plan to breastfeed beyond a year (If I can) so I need some advice on how to get these pesky lbs gone without hurting my supply.
Oh, and I'd like to work on my stomach a little since it's so soft now... Anyone had success with a 30-60 ab type routine?

Any help would be appreciated!

Replies

• ashleyfreeman17
    ashleyfreeman17 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am breastfeeding as well, I have a 6 week old! So far, I haven't had any problems with the amount of milk I am producing. I have been careful to make sure I am eating good fats and proteins and don't stay under my calorie by too much. For exercising, I have been running/doing work out videos and walks but don't go crazy. I only run for 20-30 minutes a day to get my body moving but to not do too much. I just am very aware of keeping an eye on my supply and then if it starts to change, will either cut back on my exercise or increase my calorie intake every day. Hope this helps a bit.