Stupid Green Containers!

Options
mscote12
mscote12 Posts: 220 Member
Hey all.

I find myself struggling to get my 4 green containers in. I am not a huge fan on cooked vegetables...I tend to like them raw. I have been eating A ton of cucumbers and raw green peppers every day since they are some of my favorites...also throwing baby carrots in there (raw).

Does anyone have any suggestions on ways to get your green containers in? I also have a hard time spacing them out throughout the day...I get 4!...I am perfectly okay eating 4 containers of raw veggies by all means, I just figured it wouldn't hurt to reach out and see what others are doing to get these containers in :)

Replies

• SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Have you tried doing a stir-fry? You can make your own fix-approved sauces and toss in some meat for protein if you like. Stir-fries are great because you can easily change the flavor simply by choosing difference spices. A little ginger and garlic. Red pepper flakes. Curry. Basil and garlic. The possibilities are truly endless.
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Sorry can't help you...I'm lucky if I eat 1 green container a day. I really do not like vegetables. I can do raw carrots and I can do green beans. I've been trying to try new veggies but so far, not so good. The things that I will choke down that I consider veggies are not considered veggies on 21DF...corn and potatoes
  • deltayork
    deltayork Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time with greens too! I also am not a salad lover so to get my green's in I sautee mixed bell peppers green beans and snap peas and have those ready to eat.

I also just made the Homeade Salsa from Autumn's Fixate book (tomato's, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic and onion)... ate 1 green container by itself (no chips). YUM!
  • Jenni_MFP
    Jenni_MFP Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm not a veggie fan either, they're so boring! Stir fry helps (just had two green containers of it with one yellow of rice and a red of chicken for dinner... I'm stuffed!). I also sneak veggies into a smoothie in the morning. I would much rather drink them than eat them. If you have a good blender that can handle it (I have a vitamix), one green of carrots and a green of spinach is not all that noticeable when you blend it with one purple of frozen raspberries.
  • mscote12
    mscote12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I actually just bought a bag of mixed spinach and kale that I will be tossing into my smoothies this week...The stir fry isn't a bad idea either, I would have to make it ahead of time since I work two jobs and don't have time to cook on a daily basis...thanks for the tips!! :)