What made you quit your game?

Options
13»

Replies

• darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    I personally miss EQ... nothing was the same.

I'm the same :) Went back shortly before it went to free to play... I just can't do it. All of these memories from 1999-2005 (whenever EQ2 came out) and every single aspect has changed :sad:
  • nyrina4life
    nyrina4life Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Every since BC I played WoW religiously, and now I have pretty much quit. I get on once in a blue moon ... (I did take a break after CATA and before MoP)

When Mists was in the works, and talked about more and more I finally went back to WoW in hopes that it had improved. By time I hit level cap, and started raiding again, it felt as though I was working two full-time jobs and going to school. I just hate the changes they made to the game, and they weren't good. I deeply dislike Ghostcrawler and his snide remarks when people say they don't like the five hundred dailies to unlock more dailies for items you need to fulfill guild needs!
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options

I'm the same :) Went back shortly before it went to free to play... I just can't do it. All of these memories from 1999-2005 (whenever EQ2 came out) and every single aspect has changed :sad:

Tell me about it, and apparently the AA tree has gotten rediculously out of hand. A guildie in EQ2 told me he stuck around till about a year ago and players average AA in the thousands. It was common for people in groups to grind over 100 AA a night.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Tell me about it, and apparently the AA tree has gotten rediculously out of hand. A guildie in EQ2 told me he stuck around till about a year ago and players average AA in the thousands. It was common for people in groups to grind over 100 AA a night.

Seriously! I could never catch up on a live server. I am waiting for them to hopefully open up another progression server. I wanna play again haha
  • robdel302
    Options
    Seriously! I could never catch up on a live server. I am waiting for them to hopefully open up another progression server. I wanna play again haha

If that means the return of hell and post hell levels; I'll pass. Not to mention having to use that tiny screen in the very beginning. I'd consider going back to EQ2, that game brough enough nostalgia that allowed me to really enjoy it. There are a lot of HQ's I never finished.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

If that means the return of hell and post hell levels; I'll pass. Not to mention having to use that tiny screen in the very beginning. I'd consider going back to EQ2, that game brough enough nostalgia that allowed me to really enjoy it. There are a lot of HQ's I never finished.

Nope the progression servers have the "newer" version of EQ. I personally loved the challenge of "hell levels" lol.
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Diablo. I seriously played it for 12 years or more. Then Diablo 3 came out and I just.....Stopped. It didn't have the same addiction factor. I still play starcraft though and the expansions keep getting better thank god! The day I stop playing that I will be lost
  • impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options

^^this....
    I have tried telling people that Everyquest has THE BEST pvp system in all of MMO's.
    Not only that, but it was an aptly named game. You could spend hours farming mobs in Lower Guk (*that's right, Im going back to the original EQ days*) and not see as much as a bubble of exp. And when you finally did hear that magical tone that happened when you leveled...You stood up, did a little dance and then collapsed back into your chair due to the atrophy that had taken over your legs from sitting there too long.

Oh man I miss those days.
  • robdel302
    Options

^^this....
    I have tried telling people that Everyquest has THE BEST pvp system in all of MMO's.
    Not only that, but it was an aptly named game. You could spend hours farming mobs in Lower Guk (*that's right, Im going back to the original EQ days*) and not see as much as a bubble of exp. And when you finally did hear that magical tone that happened when you leveled...You stood up, did a little dance and then collapsed back into your chair due to the atrophy that had taken over your legs from sitting there too long.

Oh man I miss those days.

Damn, that's like priest of discord old school! haha

Did anyone ever turn in that book? It was really rare to ever see someone with a red name on the care bear servers that we around at launch.
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    So I'm one of the "older" gamers around here. I had mostly played PC games prior to 2003...but around that time, my brother introduced me to the then-new game of EVE online. I played that game pretty much daily for the next 6 years....I still have my accounts (and they were still training up until a few months ago....I have some of the oldest characters in the game, woot!)

Anyhoo, I digress. I LOVED EVE. Really. I had developed quite the little Empire. I had invested in multiple accounts (I was paying 3 subscriptions) so that I always had (honest) money flowing to my main PvP pilot. She's a badass. And over the course of the years, I managed to build / acquire some of the most expensive ships in game. Those of you who play (without cheating) know just how much dedication this takes.

In the course of a week, I lost a Titan to a bone-head move I participated in with a fleet, as well as some very nicely fitted faction ships during a siege of a POS (yeah, yeah, don't take your faction ships out....whatever, I had more money than God at the time....I didn't care about that). Losing the faction ships was one thing....s#it happens....losing my Titan AND my faction ships. ARGH. Then, the final straw....I lost my Golem. I LOVED my Golem. It was my pride and joy (everyone has their thing....that was mine). The real embarrassment was not that I lost it, but how. I lost it in high-sec.....to a ninja miner.

I was mining happily away, secure in my big-bad-assedness of a faction-fitted Golem. He came in a robbed my cans. Me, used to being in low-sec, engaged.......he came back in a non-faction Raven, kept me warp-scrambled, and just slowly whittled away my armor until I had nothing left. See, normally, I would have pwned him with my superior fire-power and drones.......but I was MINING. I had left them all at home. And being in high-sec, I had no corp-friend-backup. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.........

Seriously, I cried. Bawled. For days. IRL. I tried going back after about a week. Couldn't do it. Gave my accounts to a friend to play for a while (which is why they've continued training)

Now I've been playing WoW for 4+ years. Just not the same....but I don't lose anything of real value. Worst case scenario is that we run the same raid, over, and over, and OVER.

This is the first time I've spoke of this since 2009ish....

I was an avid EVE Online player for almost 4 years myself and I know what it takes to get up to Supercapital class ships and obtain the mods you want to deck them out and all the faction ships and deadspace/officer mods etc.

My leaving EVE is very different. I actually left on my own accord cause it had become too time consuming. I was in an Alliance that was part of the Cluster**** Coalition (Goonswarm and co) and was involved in some large campaigns against NC. and their buddies. The last campaign I joined was to pillage the south and scatter the newly formed Southern Coalition which was probably a year ago now. Made sure my Nyx was somewhere safe (and out of Goons territory) in the event I ever do return.
  • hersheythecat
    hersheythecat Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Well I played WOW for a good 3 years until recently. I played with my then boyfriend who introduced me to it. We had date nights playing since we were long distance. Something changed in the last few months and it seemed like more of a task vs playing for enjoyment. I haven't logged on now for about 6 weeks to 2 months. I honestly don't know how long it's been. I never even boot up my computer at home anymore which is sad since it's a custom gaming computer. Oh well.

Part of me misses it but I don't really miss sitting in the chair staring at the screen.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Steam. I hate getting the Steam updates. I've pretty much given up on Skyrim.