1st Wednesday check in!

Options
stellaslove
stellaslove Posts: 22 Member
How was everyone's week? It was my first real week and it was actually pretty good. Unfortunately I have a stupid set of scales that will show different weights without me even moving my feet, just depending on how I stand. So this morning I was weighing between 124.4 - 125.3 Lol. So I've decided I'll go with what ever is heaviest from now, though last week I don't think I really checked... so last week was 125.9, so I've lost .6kg (I suspect it's probably actually around 1kg, taking my dodgy scales into account). I'm pretty happy with that. It's hard to lose weight slowly when you have so far to go, but I've been on 'diets' before where I've lost 2-3 kgs per week but I was starving all the time and couldn't sustain it more than a few weeks, and I gained it back pretty quick. I'm feeling way better in general. Not bloated or sick, not too hungry or too full. Looking at the smaller portions of food that I'm eating now, I'm so surprised we can survive on so little! Hahaha.. i guess that's part of the problem that I'm trying to change now.. just the way i think about food. Anyways, this week I might try to do a bit more exercise as I didn't really do any last week. Looking forward to reading about everyone else's week!

Replies

• Lady_Lyrico
    Lady_Lyrico Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I put on 0.4 kg this week, which wasn't entirely unexpected as I was away for the weekend and made the choice for the 2 days to eat a three-course evening meal plus a breakfast (which worked out at over 1000 calories alone!). I did do some walking but it wasn't enough to offset the calorie intake.
    In this last week I have started attending my local health club and have chosen 3 group fitness classes to commit to each week, along with swimming, cardio and weight training. I hope that this will soon have an effect on my body shape.
    Calorie-wise MFP suggests 1350 per day, but I am hitting 1500-1600 regularly. This is still around 500 less than I was eating before. I am hopeful that the exercise I have now started will help to offset the additional calories that I am eating.
    The week since the last weigh-in seems to have gone really quickly, so I look forward to checking in again next week.
    Hope everyone had a successful week.
  • jmd543
    jmd543 Posts: 174 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hello, everyone. I hope you are well. I used to weigh on Sundays, which I also did this week, and I'm glad I'm reporting today, because I had gained then but lost it plus a tiny bit more, today ☺ -.8 lbs./-.036 kg. for a total of -20 lbs./-9.07 kg. I've been intermittently fasting (IF) for two months (20/4, now 18/6), but this week I added breakfast because we are moving, and I needed more energy to get the packing done on time.
  • Quichee
    Quichee Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone.
    I had a pretty decent week. I think exercise is going to be the key for me. I have committed to walking 10,000 steps a day and it really seems to be working. I have been walking during lunch every day at work and yesterday was too hot so I actually went to the gym for the first time in about 4 months! Lol
    Down 1.4 from last week :)
  • ewoksrule3
    ewoksrule3 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hey guys...I hate having to say this, but I'm up about a pound and a half today from last week. I'm fairly sure it's just water weight from eating too much salt, since I've eaten out 4 out of the past 5 days. I have been logging all my calories and definitely shouldn't have actually gained weight, so I guess I just have to give it a couple days to even back out. I hurt my knee Saturday morning, which is making it really tough to keep weight loss going...walking is very painful, and I tend to struggle much more with my eating when I'm not able to exercise. I'm feeling a little discouraged and frustrated by the combination of the injury and the number on the scale, but I'm trying not to let it stop me. The past two days I have done my workouts and just modified everything to make it easier on my knee. I am burning less calories that way, but at least I'm still doing it, and not just letting this make me slide into old habits.
  • MindyBruno
    MindyBruno Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I've been having a hate relationship with my scale the last two weeks. It didn't move at all. So Monday, I was finally down 1.7 pounds and today I weighed again and I am down another 1.7 pounds! I think this seems to be my body's way of doing things. I have been going for walks everyday. I am trying to get to the gym at least 3X a week and do the elliptical. I try to keep my calories at 1300 a day.

I am glad to be here.
  • 2selina
    2selina Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm a day late. With this group I'll move weigh in day from Thursday to Wednesday from now on. Lost 4lb this week. That's way more than I'd expect because my calories would only have me losing 1lb. I've been eating lots of fruit and veg and fish as my only meat for the last few days and think I've lost water weight.
  • 110challenge
    110challenge Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    whoops I checked in the morning and then didn't record it. I was disappointed, only the third week and was down 1.3 or 1.4 lbs. Which I know is good, but I thought with 110 to lose it would come off a little bit quicker in the beginning. My husband lost 5.7 lbs, didnt help the way I was feeling. Starting to feel much better about it, progress is progress, right?