My dream

Options
nancycaregiver
nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
Several months ago, I had a dream. It was so very vivid, unlike most of my dreams and it was so full of symbolism. I remember it the same today as I did last fall when I woke up.
I was bobbing around in a huge body of water. I looked around and there were hundreds or thousands of people bobbing around. It looked like a scene from The Titanic. No one was panicked or frantic. We knew which way the shore was even though we could not see it and we all started swimming toward the shore. We were not swimming with a sense of urgency. We just kept swimming. I swam and swam for a very long time. Finally I was getting close to the shore, close enough to put my feet down and walk out of the water. But when I put my feet down, they started sinking in the mud. When I would put one foot down, it would sink further into the mud while I was trying to free my back foot. Then when I would put that one down it would sink even further. So for every step I took I was getting deeper in the mud. So I put my hands down to help and they were sinking too. But the mud was more like tar...very black and very thick. But I kept working to free myself and I noticed a man standing on the bank. He was reaching His hand out to me. I never looked up at Him. I only saw His feet and His outstretched hand. And He was clean so I did not want to touch Him and get this thick tar all over Him. I said, "I'm okay. I got it" and I kept working to free myself. He never left and He kept his hand out to me but He did not speak. Finally, I realized I would not be able to get out without help so I reached for His hand and I was immediately freed and completely out of the water standing before the One who freed me, still holding Hs hand. When I looked at His face, I saw that it was Jesus. He was looking straight into my eyes, through my eyes and into my soul. He had a look of "knowing". He knew everything I've ever done...the good, the bad, and the ugly! And there was plenty of bad and ugly. His expression never changed. There was no look of approval for the good stuff nor a look of disgust for the bad. There was just a "knowing". I could not take my eyes away from His eyes. We stood holding our right hands for a very very long time. Then I woke up. He never spoke. I have wondered if I became clean when He pulled me out of the mud but I did not look down. I was unable to take my eyes off His.
I know there is a ton of symbolism here. The shore would be heaven and the ocean is this life and we just have to keep swimming through this life and try to get to heaven. The black mud is my sins that keep me bogged down and if I fully come to Jesus, he can free me from my sins. Maybe all my confessions have been weak or maybe I have not fully given my sins up. I don't really know what the message of this dream is. But I usually don't remember my dreams or I can pull out foggy bits and pieces of a dream but this one was so real in every detail. I mean, I was THERE. You can comment if you like. I don't even know why im posting this except I just need to write it down! Thanks for listening.

Replies

• PrayerMiracle
    Options
    Where is the LOVE button - THANK YOU FOR SHARING - now you have your whole beautiful life ahead of you to see how that dream will become alive !!! Our Lord is GREAT, MAGNIFICENT ....
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a dream! So full of meaning!
    I too have had a few very vivid dreams in my life that I'm sure God sent to me in a time of spiritual need. I love reading about others' dreams.