Chat & Accountability Aug 1 - Aug 8. Let's get moving!

Options
carolssalva
carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
August is here!! I'm pasting the Move Our Moneymakers challenge comments from DebSue as this is where we will keep up with it:

Let's all start (or continue) to move our 'Moneymakers' (aka tushies) in August!
Starting date is August 1 and we'll track/share in the accountability thread.

Try to even come up with fun, new spins for your exercise routine (ie: different music, out of the ordinary routes, even pay yourself a buck per session)! Let's put the "joyful" back in our movement, as we propel ourselves towards our goals! In the end (yes, pun intended) our 'moneymakers' will thank us. Lol :)

Come along, "Shake your Honeybuns" and have a blast!

Replies

• carolssalva
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Can you think of a more fun person than DebSue?? I have to get out there and move even if I don't want to. She is just too dang motivating. Darn you DebSue!! LOL. Thanks for putting this out there. I need it. <3
  • carolssalva
    Options
    Oh! And Marissa D just passed 1,000,000 steps in the Fitbit group. WOW! We can do SOMETHING right???
  • jenniferyounginillinois
    Options
    It's August 1st. That is all. :tongue:
  • leopardprintaholic
    leopardprintaholic Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys! I got up & "moved my moneymaker" for 5 miles while enthusiastically singing along to B52's radio on Pandora. FUN! I find fun, fast music is a big key for me, as my feet seem to keep tempo with the tunes. :) Favorite this morning was "Walk Like An Egyptian" by The Bangles. Please don't judge me. Lol!

For two weeks now, I've been consistently "on point" in EVERY area of my lifelong mission to "live long & strong" and "fierce, fun & fab." Never before have I seriously put it all together and allowed myself to ENJOY the process. :) I'm NOT weighing, eating ULC, drinking 96oz H2O, moving my moneymaker on the treadmill btwn 4 5 miles a day, and ATTEMPTING to get more sleep.
    Options
    Hi Guys! I got up & "moved my moneymaker" for 5 miles while enthusiastically singing along to B52's radio on Pandora. FUN! I find fun, fast music is a big key for me, as my feet seem to keep tempo with the tunes. :) Favorite this morning was "Walk Like An Egyptian" by The Bangles. Please don't judge me. Lol!

For two weeks now, I've been consistently "on point" in EVERY area of my lifelong mission to "live long & strong" and "fierce, fun & fab." Never before have I seriously put it all together and allowed myself to ENJOY the process. :) I'm NOT weighing, eating ULC, drinking 96oz H2O, moving my moneymaker on the treadmill btwn 4 5 miles a day, and ATTEMPTING to get more sleep.

DebSue, I will so judge you unless you tell me you did the Egyptian arm movements. Hehehe... Hey, I grew up in the 80s and remember seeing that video hundreds of times. I now have this image of YOU in the video. :smiley:
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    So Far today on the Move Challenge, did 100 Body weight squats, plus 25reps X 25 lb weighted squats. Got signed up Thursday for the Georgia Golden Olympics in September, It is a qualifier match for the National Games, So it will be interesting to see the competition in my class, 60-65 age group. Entered in Shot Put, Badminton Singles, and 5k Walk. Mostly interested in the Shot put though, will give me something to train for in the coming years. May add Javelin or Discus next year.
    Heading up to Dicks Sporting goods in Savannah to look for good throwing shoes, and then to Panera Bread to meet a gal for coffee. First meeting for us so see how it goes.
  • howie6267
    howie6267 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    heronh wrote: »
    Howie, i think it's so awesome that you bike to and from work! You get to get your exercise in, get to work, save gas and help the environment. So many good things! I hope you keep it up but maybe put in some rest days so you don't get get burn out.

The riding to work is the easy part it's all down hill. lol Coming home is the fun part. I do plan on taking two days off a week. Right now I am thinking Friday and Sunday. My goal for the move challenge is to to do 12 miles or more a day on the bike 5x a week. I am curious to see how that will affect my weight loss for August. I had a great ride this morning for 20 miles, 99 minutes and 2542 calories burned.

John that is a great workout!

leopardprintaholic is DebSue your real name? I see others using that. I love your choice in music. 80s rule! LOL
  • leopardprintaholic
    Options
    Really, Howie? My birth name is Debra Sue. The name DebSue was bestowed on me in college, when no one could pronounce my last name. :) Now Im just like Madonna, Cher & Prince ... No last name required. Lol! Crazy name for a crazy 80's Dame, I guess B)
  • leopardprintaholic
    Options
    Jen: no stellar Egyptian moves, but I do occasionally sing into my imaginary mic on occasion!

Hammer: ALWAYS an inspiration ... & a "man among men"

Heron: Thanks Doll for the I.F. Info, excited to watch your progress.

Carol: I just adore you. PERIOD.
    Options
    LOL DebSue. Well, perhaps next time you'll consider adding the moves. :smile:

2.5 miles today. Nothing spectacular. No dancing, no singing, no jumping over creeks. Just a walk. :smile:
  • howie6267
    Options
    Really, Howie? My birth name is Debra Sue. The name DebSue was bestowed on me in college, when no one could pronounce my last name. :) Now Im just like Madonna, Cher & Prince ... No last name required. Lol! Crazy name for a crazy 80's Dame, I guess B)

Yes really! lol I didn't know if it was something from a thread that I missed or what I assumed and that it was as you say short for Debra Sue. So now I know and I will treat you like the star you are.
  • howie6267
    Options
    I had a great day yesterday MFP says if everyday were like yesterday I would lose 40 pounds this month. Lol we're heading up to Lake Erie today just to have a day of relaxation you all have a great day!
  • Hmrjmr1
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Well Happy Sunday Folks! Move my Moneymaker challenge for the day, .7 mi walk w sprints, not sprint walks, real sprints. Change is gonna come.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=gbO2_077ixs

also did 100 Body weight Squats, and 100 25lb KB Squat press. All in all a Happy Half Hour.
  • carolssalva
    Options
    DAY 1 was a blast. I was just going to a Safari Park in Mexico with the family. Fun but lots of opportunity to sit and ride things. Because of the Move Your Moneymaker challenge I took my swimsuit like the kids. SO glad I did. There were challenges over the water where you had to try not to get knocked off a wire while others TRIED to shake it and other things that were so much fun. I kept making choices to walk during the day vs. sit. It was a lot of fun.
    I still like John's last challenge of posting pictures of the activity or scenery when we can. I'll try.
    Have a great week folks. Today is a Visit relatives and travel back to Texas day. I had a HIGH sugar, tortillas, cheat day yesterday. We are back on track today. Feels good to have a plan.

Much love from south of the border. Viva Mexico!!
  • carolssalva
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Moving my Moneymaker Day 1
    0ur8tn1eohef.jpg
    jenniferyounginillinois Posts: 535 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Carol, I know for you Mexico is no big deal but I think it's awesome!!! I love hearing and seeing all your Mexico adventures. :smile:
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Carol that looks fun!
    John, hope you have a great date and training for the golden Olympics. I used to be in Javelin. Super fun, no self doubt once you take your first step there is no more adjusting you are committed so for someone like me who tends to self doubt it was kinda freeing for me!
    Howie, keep biking and keep us posted

Does cooking, prepping, bbqing and cleaning up after a party for a whole day counts? Lol coz that what I did yesterday. Baby shower then straight to BBQ for Arturo's family. I'm tired today from all the cooking for big groups this week. I just want to rest. On the plus side everything went well, my hormonaly charged friend who looks like she's about to literally pop was very appreciative so I'm glad. She wanted to be a mom for so long and I'm truly happy for her
    Here's the quilt I've been rushing to finish
    eoxyo6g01c7m.jpg

Options
    That quilt is so cute. I love the monkeys. :smile:
    So happy for your friend.
    Options
    No moving yesterday as I had a horrible headache most of the day.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Monday Folks! $maker Challenge done for the day, 100 reps. First day of school here so observing the local school bus traffic.

Carol - Great Podcast, I like those guys. Hope the travels were safe and you're now sound at home again.

Jen hope you're feeling better,

Howie - Where are ya man? Keep it rolling Lad!

Heron - Very Koo-EL Quilt (say it three times fast) The answer to your Q I would think is Yep. or maybe Yup.

Have a great day folks.