August 1-15

Options
MelissaPhippsFeagins
MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
edited August 2015 in Social Groups
Aug 1 - green
1/25
Streak: 30

I started week 3 of Livefit today. It was rough because I haven't been sleeping enough, but I made it through. I have noticed the pushups are getting easier. I also must be getting bigger latissimus dorsi muscles because even though the rest of my swimsuit fits fine, I can now barely hook the strap across the middle of my back.

@jenthibert -great run! That smoothie sounds delicious.

Replies

• Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday Night!! B)

I decided to get it out of my system so I ate anything & everything mostly Paleo, but went way over green. I am back to working on a healthy body. :o

Goal = 27/31 (one more than last month)
    green = 0 /31
    red = 01
    Streak = 0
    Streak goal =10 I would love to make three streaks!!

Here we go!!
  • jenthibert
    jenthibert Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was green so August 1, 1/25. Today will be a walk followed by time in my floaty chair in the lake, hooked up so I don't float away!
  • bbinoa
    bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Happy August everyone!

For 8.1
    green for the day.
    total 1/25

I went out last night to listen to a friends band w my hubby. Fun night out. We've gotten out of the habit of date nights, which we need to do more. Forgot how fun it is!

@jenthibert, how long are the 14 mile walks taking? That's awesome! You deserve some float time. Enjoy!

@MelissaPhippsFeagins I knew you'd be seeing some results soon. When marathon training is over I'm picking up on the strength training. Good winter goal.

@Rebamae you got this!!!
  • jenthibert
    Options
    bbinoa wrote: »
    @jenthibert, how long are the 14 mile walks taking? That's awesome! You deserve some float time. Enjoy!

We average a16 minute mile when it's the 3 of us so yesterday was about 3 1/2 hours. I can average under a 13 minute mile for my shorter walks. I'd like to see us under 15 minutes /mile for the event but we're in it together.

Walked 5 this morning with a pace of about 12 1/2 minutes. No soreness or stiffness from yesterday either which makes me really happy ☺

I floated. Absolutely gorgeous day here today. Humidity is very low, temps low 80s. Love August.
  • bbinoa
    Options
    @jenthibert. ... wow! That is a very impressive walking pace. I don't think you should even call it walking. When I do my walk/run thing, I alternate 30 second intervals of each and I'm doing around 13 min miles so girl, you are kicking boo-tay! I'm a slogger (slow jogger). Lol. B)
  • bbinoa
    Options
    green today
    total 2/25.

Finally a weekend that didn't fly by and wasn't completely filled with chores around the house. I may figure this relaxing thing out eventually!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @jenthibert. ... wow! That is a very impressive walking pace. I don't think you should even call it walking. When I do my walk/run thing, I alternate 30 second intervals of each and I'm doing around 13 min miles so girl, you are kicking boo-tay! I'm a slogger (slow jogger). Lol. B)
    When I run, I do the same and average a 13 minute mile. I just don't love doing it.
  • jenthibert
    Options

@bbinoa, love the term "slogger" and that's what I am when I "run". I love walking. I feel really strong and confident. Running doesn't give me that feeling. That's why my running is on the treadmill in private but I'd run with you, sounds like you, @MelissaPhippsFeagins and I'd pace out ok!
  • jenthibert
    Options
    2/25 Green on August 2!
  • kirbygirl41
    kirbygirl41 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Aug 1 and Aug 2
    Green
    2/25
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    8.1 & 8.2
    Green: Yes & Yes
    Total 2/26
    Streak: 2/10

It was a great day today. I finally completed my mud run (Warrior Dash). My stomach was in knots prior to the first obstacle, but after that, it was all good. It was loads of fun. My only regret is I couldn't wear my HRM. I have no idea how many calories I actually burned. I'm sure it was a lot though. :smile:

I'm a slogger too, and I'm proud of it. @bbinoa I love that term! Ha, ha, ha, ha.
    @jenthibert You're my walking hero!!!
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Aug 1 - RED :(
    Goal: 0/25
    Streak: 0
  • 2marsh
    2marsh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Whelp, I've been MIA for awhile. I haven't been prioritizing my tracking or posting, and it falls off so quickly. I'm back now, though!

I don't know for sure if yesterday was green, but I got in a nice 6-mile "slog" - let me tell you, it didn't FEEL like slogging, but yeah, my pace was like a 13-min mile.

Goals for this month are 23 green days and 23 days with at least 10,000 steps.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins Yay, lats! Those suckers can be so hard to develop.
    @jenthibert Walking superstar. I love how you talk about feeling confident and powerful doing it. Moving for the love of it really is the best.
    @Laughter_Girl Warrior Dash sounds like so much fun! Would love to do one someday.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Aug 2 - green
    2/25
    Streak 31

Deadlifted 125lbs one rep yesterday, just to see if I could because some Booz left the bar loaded in the floor in the way. I can, but only once. Getting there.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Aug 2 - RED :(:(
    Goal: 0/25
    Streak: 0
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday evening!! I hope to be back later to catch up with each of you!!

Goal = 27/31
    Green =1 /31
    Red = 01

Streak = 1
    Streak goal = 10

Let's get lots of streakers this time!!
    Onward and downward we go
  • bbinoa
    Options
    green today, thanks to spin class! My spin instructor pulled me aside after class to compliment me on my wt loss. It's nice when you feel like your hard work is noticed!
    Total 3/25

Nice to know I have some excellent slogging company! If I'm running on the treadmill I can manage a better pace, like a whopping 6.0 mph (10 min mile). But trying to run for distance, I'm slogging :wink: I also have a lab (yellow) and when I've run w him he'll actually walk to keep up w my running pace. He could at least try to make me look good!!

@2marsh nice to see you again!!
  • jenthibert
    Options
    3/25 Green August 3. Chevy green is green right? Lol

Very hungry today! Good choices, but...

I need to increase my maintenence calories actually, see how that works for me . Just haven't gotten around to updating here yet. Truth be told, I'm a little anxious about it. I know how hard it was too get off, sure don't want to backside but I'm where my doctor and I agreed on so it's time to increase ☺
  • jenthibert
    Options
    I really appreciate this group. Just want to float that out there. So much negativity on this site and I feel very fortunate to have settled in here.

I'm most likely slogging on the treadmill tomorrow. I have a meeting after work and some iffy weather rolling in tonight. Today was a rest day.

Could use some good vibes this week. I have an interview on Friday for a position that would essentially be a promotion as a team coordinator. I know I'm going up against a coworker. She doesn't know that I applied. We're a small team and I'm trying to avoid awkwardness so I'm keeping this to myself. I'd like the position but would support my coworker wholeheartedly if she gets the job... I honestly don't know who else may have applied. Anyway, positive thoughts are welcome!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Green: Yes
    Total 3/26
    Streak: 3/10

It was a well deserved rest day today. I'll be back on the grind tomorrow.

@2marsh Welcome back! You were missed. If you want to do the Warrior Dash next year, feel free to come to Michigan. We had a lot of fun and would love to have an even larger team next year. My profile pic is from the race. :)
    @bbinoa I bet you were feeling real good after that compliment. It's always nice to be acknowledged about your weight loss from the least expected. :)
    @jenthibert I'll definitely be saying a prayer for you regarding that position. Also, I understand your concerns about upping your calories. I've been in maintenance for a few months now, and I'm still trying to find the right amount of calories to eat a day without losing anymore weight. I thought the number of calories MFP told me to eat was too much, but I actually may need to eat a little more. We'll see. If I lose anymore weight though, my hubby might get concerned. Ha!