Meal Planning, Shopping, and Prepping

Options
echotrufaith
echotrufaith Posts: 10 Member
Good Morning, I'm up early this lovely Sunday because I'm planning meals for the week and then it's off to the store to shop and then prep for the week. I usually don't do this all in one day, but yesterday was insane with other errands.

I'm curious, how do you approach this task? Do you use any apps to help plan meals or make lists? Do you prep certain parts of meals ahead or do you cook it all and heat it up throughout the week? Who here does meal prep on a different day because of different days off?

Replies

• iheartcookies2
    iheartcookies2 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hey! Unfortunatelly this week I will not be able to plan shopping of the food so well. I discovered that I have very very unwanted small guest among wheat, dry pasta and musli, so I basically had to throw away all the dry food that I have at home. However normally I write a weekly menu, and plan what I will eat for snack. I cook food everyday...being a mom helps :) I prepare the food that I will eat at work day ahead, so I don't do any panic shopping during the lunch time.
  • echotrufaith
    echotrufaith Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    So sorry you had to throw out your dry food. I have had to do that before so I feel your pain.

I too try to cook every day, and I use the left overs for lunches since I very seldom take a formal lunch hour. My husband will occasionally cook on nights I'm too tired so we keep the momentum going. I am learning with work and two little ones, the slow cooker is my best friend Monday-Friday. I don't take an entire day off to cook everything, but I do try to separate out ingredients for meals from the snack so we don't run out before that meal is cooked.
  • iheartcookies2
    iheartcookies2 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Here in Sweden we have to take an hour lunch at work, which is actually very good for me. I have time to eat in piece and quiet and then take a half-hour walk. We also get free fruit twice a week at work, so I always have fruits for snack there. Otherwize I forget to eat fruit. I'm very good at giving/making healthy food to/for my child (ecological/organic), but I often make bad choices for myself.

Meal planning is very important for weight loss though.