How do you feel?

Options
Slivnfree
Slivnfree Posts: 152 Member
I was just wondering what other mom do at the park with your child to get in exercise? I have a play group with 5-6 year old's at the park Two days a week, and the only thing I can seem to do is: (1) Push him on the swing, (2) Chase him around, and (3) walk around moving from spot to spot so I can see him better. I am too big for the slides, to big for the tubes, and not strong enough yet to do monkey bars, hanging bars, or anything like that. I did some swinging yesterday but he is not into pumping his feet just yet so I can't do it for long before I have to get off and push him, and that is about it. Also how do you feel at the park? I feel like every person there is watching me and laughing inside at this 200lb woman trying to play in a place that is meant for smaller people/children. Just curious

Replies

• viktha
    viktha Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I generally do the same as you I walk around to watch my son, push him on the swing, and chase him around. I tend to get my excercise walking to the playground, it is about 2.5 - 3 miles round trip to the closest two depending on the route not sure if that's a possiblty for you.
  • Slivnfree
    Options
    It will be next year when we can ride our bike there. My son is 5 going on 6 in December so he can't ride that far. I am going to start cycle training in my house this summer and Winter so I can make the ride next year. I think it is 6 Miles from my house to the park, so round trip would be around 12 Miles.
  • viktha
    Options
    Yeah that would be a really long ride.
  • spellel
    spellel Posts: 11
    Options
    Hey, how about taking a skipping rope and using that while your little one ia playing in the tubes etc. Or maybe take a ball and play catch or football (soccer) after? You could always make it a game for him to throw it as far as he can and you have to run and get it? I know my seven month old finds it hilarious to chuck things around and make me go get them...specifically food at the moment ;)
  • Slivnfree
    Options
    Hey, how about taking a skipping rope and using that while your little one ia playing in the tubes etc. Or maybe take a ball and play catch or football (soccer) after? You could always make it a game for him to throw it as far as he can and you have to run and get it? I know my seven month old finds it hilarious to chuck things around and make me go get them...specifically food at the moment ;)

Good Idea! I was thinking a beach ball but the wind kept blowing it toward the road so I stopped bringing it. Maybe a game of soccer or basketball! Thanks!
  • sammanthahulkoff
    sammanthahulkoff Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    with my 15 month old daughter i babywear her in her boba carrier its more of a workout than pushing a stroller at the park
    we go to the park daily plus we have 3 baby wearing playdates with a mom group and a cloth diaper mom playdate
    so besides wearing her i chase her and climb the playsets with her and push her in the swing and play with her big bouncy ball
  • viktha
    Options
    with my 15 month old daughter i babywear her in her boba carrier its more of a workout than pushing a stroller at the park

I wish my son still fit in one