new beginning!! :)

spaz228
spaz228 Posts: 2 Member
hello everyone. I am looking for any help and ideas. A buddy/supporter for my new approach/attempt at kicking pcos in the rear. I have been fighting pcos since I was 20 and I am now 42. I have tried just about everything. the pill, metformin, over the counter, 4 hours a day at the gym, all with no success. I am now on phen since tuesday and I weigh in in a few days, but with 2 very active kids during school time, I find it hard to come up with quick yet nutritious meals. also what kind of exercise works and what kind should I avoid? I am looking to lose roughly 80lbs and would love to have help and support along the way. I am recently divorced after 21 years, and I am looking to make a new start for myself and my girls. please, any help is great help :)

Replies

• Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Welcome!

Check out the Getting Started sticky at the top of the group, there are a number of resources there. Also, feel free to peruse the archive (click the "All Discussions" link), for which you'll find a bunch of resources and "friend finder" threads.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Welcome, I have five kids and just recently got diognosed with PCOS after suffering for years with hormone problems. The post above has awesome links. I am walking daily and average my calories at 1350. It works for the most part. PCOS is best fought with consistency and a knowledgeable doctor. You can befriend me. I weigh 241 and trying to get to under 200 by January.