New. Hoping to connect.

Options
I am 45. Married with 4 children; ages 24, 14, 7 and 5. I have tried many! weight loss programs, diets and fads. All I've done is gain more weight. I struggled with anorexia early in life and continue to struggle with finding moderation.

I would love to connect with others that can relate or someone interested in just being a mentor.

Also, I just started using a misfit if anyone is looking to make a connection.

~Shannon

Replies

• artsyfarts700
    artsyfarts700 Posts: 44 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Nice to find a fellow 45 year old with the same struggles. I've battled anorexia since I was 14 and have been recovering since. It's such a long process and never seems to go away. I have learned many great skills and better coping methods along the way but that ED voice is ever present. I also work on balance in my life. Not too much or too little is my goal in life. Nice to meet you!
  • Mersie1
    Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    45, 3 kids here. Anorexia, bulimia, BED, orthorexia! I'm equal opportunity! Doing much better now. Digging in hard to not restrict, at all which has been taking away any urge to binge!!!
  • artsyfarts700
    artsyfarts700 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That's great! I find this app reminds me to eat because my first instinct is to restrict. Keeping a balance is key.