8/3 Day 160 Monday

Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
Hello! I'm kind of excited because I started learning Danish! No I don't know enough to type it out! But learning a new language is fun and you never know when it will become useful!

Today's Challenge: Learn some phrases of a new language

If you want a good resource then try http://www.duolingo.com/ !

That is what I am currently using :D

Replies

• MegaSwampert
    MegaSwampert Posts: 73 Member
    Cool, you are learning danish. How come? You will meet a very famous phrase "rødgrød med fløde" = "red berries` `mix (I dont know a better word)` with cream". If you perfect that, you can probably shock a few people ^__^ (non-Dane btw., that is how I know)
  • cstovay
    cstovay Posts: 8 Member
    Perfect! I spent 10 days in Colombia, South America this summer! I learned more Spanish than ever while I was there. This just motivates me more! Will post what I learned later.
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,949 Member
    I will see what I can do on that... Maybe some Hebrew or Cherokee.... Sounds fun... I used to do this with the kids when they were young. I would pick a phrase and every time we would say that phrase we would have to say it in the other language for the day. Some days it would be Russian, Japanese, or Spanish. Have 3 kids... had to let them choose the language they wanted to learn. I know you, can guess we homeschooled.
  • GabinkaP
    GabinkaP Posts: 188 Member
    Ha! I've been learning Swedish! I downloaded DuoLingo and started brushing up on my French and German. But I accidentally added Swedish. And since you can'd delete it, I started learning it! Presently on Level 5.
  • GabinkaP
    GabinkaP Posts: 188 Member
    edited August 2015
    PS. If you use Duolingo, please friend me. gperson at kc dot rr dot com
  • VeroniqueScheers
    VeroniqueScheers Posts: 5 Member
    Cool! I want the app on my iPad!