Daily Report 2015-08-03

Options
Hey everyone :drinker:,

I know it has been a while since I last posted. I've been taking time to reflect on myself and my goals and where I want my life to go from here. I have still been logging and exercising regularly. I've been running more than lifting these past few weeks but I'm going to get back into my regular lifting routine this week. I have also discovered that not everyone who requests to be your friend (here on MFP) is very support of your goals, eating habits, or daily routines (inaccurate calorie burns). I've done some serious cleaning of my friend list because of this. I know that my eat habits are not that best (according to some people at least), but I'm always withing my calorie goal. I eat based on TDEE, so my exercise burn is accounted for in my daily calories, but I still like to keep a record that I actually exercised that day and for how long. Also my goals are just that, my goals but some people want to tell you that you're doing it all wrong and that you should do it their way instead.
Because of this, I'm a lot more careful of who I friend. I've made my exercise and food diary private because of this, and I've noticed that a lot of other people unfriended me because they couldn't view my food diary anymore. My friend list has gotten a lot shorter these last couple of weeks, and honestly I think it was for the best. The ones who matter are obviously the ones stayed, the ones who don't care about what I eat or how much I exercise or if I miss a couple days logging, and they encourage and support and help me when ever I need. Those are the type of people we all need our lives, not someone continuously telling you that you're doing it wrong and you're doomed to fail no matter what.

Ok, now that my little rant is over....how has everyone been doing? I haven't looked back on the old discussions yet. My vacation at the beginning of this month went great. We went to the beach a lot, of course, and we saw a lot beautiful sea creatures (dolphins, sea turtles, lots of fishes, crabs, and sting rays). I took a couple morning runs on the beach, and though my legs weren't used to the resistance, it was so worth it. All in all lots of fun and can't wait to go back. This past weekend my husband and I took a kayaking trip with a few friends. We had a blast, and we even ended up planning one for next weekend too.
Going to get back to a more normal exercise routine, lately I've been slacking in the weights department but that changes today. I need to keep progressing if I want to reach my ultimate goals. I'm so close, but not their yet. It's about time I update a few things on my profile anyways, so I'm going to do that in just a bit.

"Every champion was once a contender that refused to give up" - Rocky Balboa

Have a great day everyone. Can't wait to start hearing from you guys more regularly again :smile:

~ Kris

Replies

• scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    So good to hear from you Kris! I understand the "friend" thing. I just deleted a bunch off of mine too and I had a couple dozen requests that I finally declined. When I look at their profile and they have 1054 friends already, what can I offer them and what can they offer me. It's hard to get through my newsfeed and be a good friend and motivate. (just so you know, everyone here is still my friend) I felt bad at first but I'm OK about it now. I have a lot of really supportive friends.

I think I am doing pretty good. I gained a few lbs back (I think some of them are water) but decided to get really serious again and up my calories slowly so I can find what is my true maintenance.

My garden is doing fantastic! I think I have reached my initial goal of growing all my own produce for the summer. I have been canning what I can and sharing with the neighbors. Those "darn" birds ate all my cherries this year and nobody around got any apricots at all. so sad.

My husband has started exercising with me again (yay!) We were planning a full day of biking today but it is raining this morning. Just trying to decide if we want to bike in the rain. :smile:

Bruce - I truly get it. It's hard when you can't do what you love especially when it is suppose to be good for you.

Oh, and I didn't eat any ice cream last night! yay!!!! But I will be eating pickled beets today! Sundays are my hardest day for boredom eating. My husband leaves at 6 p.m. for his gig and doesn't get back until midnight. Just being alone makes me want to eat. I've tried a lot of different things but that is a 6 hour span of nothing. lol

There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them. -Denis Waitley

Have a great day everyone!
    Alisa
  • SRJennings
    SRJennings Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi Kris! It is great to hear from you. I have not been around lately either but that is going to change now. Your smaller friends list sounds like a good "Spring cleaning". Simply getting rid of the things that no longer serve a positive impact for you! I wish you could get me to lift weights! ;-)

Hey Alisa. Did harvesting the beets keep you out of the ice cream? If it did not then I hope you really enjoyed it!

I had another lovely slow swim in the pond this morning. But no more exercise for today because I have to go take care of my volunteer duties.

Enjoy!
    Susan
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Thank you Scrap & Fit; welcome back, I have missed your quotes each day.