New DVD by Leslie to be Release on Aug. 6th

Options
AnnofB
AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
"Walk It Off in 30 Days" is the title.

Below is the blurb on Collage Video's website:

30-min. cardio session using light hand weights (1 to 3 lbs.) and 30-min. strength workout using moderate dumbbells (5 to 12-lbs.) to do on alternating days (producer-supplied info).

Replies

• Kristy7418
    Kristy7418 Posts: 85
    Options
    Sounds good!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to a new one!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    I'm ready for something new from Leslie.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    **** SORRY, just read another thread about the new dvd dated a WEEK ago! ****
  • VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I was on Amazon the other day and it popped up in my recommendations so I did the only thing a Leslie Sansone walker would do... I pre-oredered it!!!! EEEK! I can't wait for it to get here!
  • Jaynehr
    Jaynehr Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Placed my order on amazon. Can't wait to get it. Thanks for the heads up.
  • feather314
    feather314 Posts: 97
    Options
    Just pre-ordered it. It's currently $9.96 on Amazon (the seller on the one I ordered was Amazon).
  • babybs
    babybs Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I received this new Leslie Sansone DVD last week via Collage Video and I LOVE it! I have many of Leslie's DVD's and In my opinion this is her most intense workout yet. This is a 30 day challenge mixing her walk routine 3 days a week with a strength training program 3 days a week.

Leslie still does her basic moves, knee lifts, side steps, kicks, kick backs but the moves are more energetic . The group she workout's with on this video are at many different stages in their fitness journey and they work out at different levels to the same routine so, for me, it gave me incentive to work harder watching them. Once you master the walk you can add weights to challenge yourself more/again.

The first time I did the toning routine it kicked my butt, I worked muscles I didn't know I had. I started with 2.5# weights and those were plenty for me. As I progress I will add more weight to the workout.

I plan to continue with this program for the 30 days. I would highly recommend this DVD, I LOVE it!!!

Lastly if you haven't looked around at collagevideo.com you really should. All they have is fitness dvd's and you can preview each and everyone of them. Prices are in pare with Amazon and sometimes even cheaper.
  • VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Update: Just got an email stating that my DVD will be here today! Can't wait to try it out! :love:
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Got mine today! Look out Wednesday morning!
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Would love to hear from others about how they like this before I order it.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Would love to hear from others about how they like this before I order it.

Got mine yesterday. I've only done the walk portion once - not the strength training portion (yet).

Initial reaction .....this one is just ok.... nothing really stands out. The group here includes 2 men .....so if anyone is trying to get a husband involved .... maybe this will help.

Pros
    New set design .... lots of color

Weight training section is 30 minutes long. Leslie is not terribly strong in this area.... what I previewed seems to hit everything. She does talk a bit before doing moves ..... but I can always add extra reps after I get a feel for what's coming next.

Music only option ..... the new music is just OK ..... but I like that there is a variety..... I don't want to hear the same songs (over & over) from DVD to DVD.

A good variety of moves .... pretty good tempo ..... cha cha's and skaters.

Cons

Only 2 miles .... I like a "choice" of several miles to pick & choose (even though I typically just pick 2).

Leslie is wearing light hand weights .... but really makes little use of them (I can always add my own arms).

The walk is not chaptered .... so if you want a 1 mile workout you're out of luck.

2 more new releases are on the way:

Leslie Sansone's 5 Mega Miles with Band Sept 3 (video clip is at collagevideo.com)

Leslie Sansone's Walk to the Hits Radio Remixes Oct 1 (http://www.anchorbayentertainment.com/detail.aspx?projectID=02cd114e-e0e3-e211-8257-d4ae527c3b65) .... this is supposed to use HIIT
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    TeaBea, thanks for your review! My favorite so far is Leslie's 4 Really Big Miles, which uses a resistance band during the last mile. I've incorporated light weights instead and found that to be even more effective. I might just skip this new DVD then. Thanks for helping me make a decision!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I tried both workouts this morning. I liked the cardio section, but I always use my arms more than she does, anyway. My guess is that it may be a little more than 2 miles, due to the pace of the music. There is some boosting, which I like as well!

The weights section was definitely different for her and did hit most body parts. There could be less pauses, but a good strength workout overall.

I won't be doing the 30 day plan, but it is a great idea for someone starting out.

Bottom line for me is that if I only have 30 minutes, I would definitely do these! Or like today, when I have an hour, doing both is a great overall workout.

:flowerforyou:
  • stitchinowl
    stitchinowl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Newbie to this group. I bought this DVD at Best Buy yesterday. I've only done the "Burn" (Cardio) section so far.
    Here is my review:

- Good workout.....you will feel it. Based on the pace, the 30 minutes is definitely more than 2 miles. I am estimating a 12 or even 11 minute mile. Leslie tells you when you are halfway through the 30 minutes, but tgrre is no mention of how many miles were done. I don't like this omission since I like to keep track of the miles I do.
    - The music is beyond boring. I have been using Leslie"s DVD's for years and the music on this one sounds like fast elevator music or music that's on when you're on hold on the phone.
    - She has a new group of walkers. Most are very young and superfit. I like to see more of a mix of ages and body weights - more like her other DVD's. There is one 60-ish woman in the back row with grey hair.
    - The quality of the picture is poor. It feels like it was filmed by amateur cameramen. Hard to explain this, but the picture seems too close-up and a bit jumpy. I felt dizzy and closed my eyes a few times. This alone may make me try to turn the DVD at Best Buy....not sure if it can be returned for poor picture quality.
    - A few new moves, "skater" andy "cha-cha".
    - Overall, a good workout, but I just can't get past the camera issues which were too distracting.