When life gives you lemons . . .

Options
Acacia2India
Acacia2India Posts: 446 Member
If you are having a hard day you can share it here. Mutual support, no judgment.

Replies

• traceyc013
    traceyc013 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am having some pain today... Seems like a flare may be coming. Trying to pay attention without letting it get me down. I am still planning to walk today....
  • Acacia2India
    Options
    That sucks. Sorry to hear that @traceyc013. Way to fight through and walk though! That's awesome!

I'm having a really rough pain day myself. I've had to throw every med I have at it today and it's left me feeling woosey and off kilter. I'm really hoping tomorrow is better!
  • traceyc013
    Options
    I hope today is better for you too!! I hate those days when it's uphill all the way... Never did get the walk in because I got way too busy with kid stuff... but it was a good food day, so I will take it.
  • Acacia2India
    Options
    Well done! Sometimes we can only control a few things, sometimes nothing at all, do well done you!
    Today is better for me. I have to wear my wrist brace but I haven't needed extra meds, so I call that a win!
  • traceyc013
    Options
    That is a win! Met my step goal today. Definitely a win!
  • Acacia2India
    Options
    traceyc013 wrote: »
    That is a win! Met my step goal today. Definitely a win!

Awesome Tracey!
  • Acacia2India
    Options
    I'm getting my monthly shots tomorrow at the local pain clinic. I hate them. They help, but they also leave me in pain for 4-6 days first where I have to keep myself pretty medicated to cope. Then when that pain goes away I can reap the benefits of the shots for 3 weeks until the next round. It's exhausting and stressful. I hate it. *sigh* I can never sleep the night before.

I hate not being normal.
  • traceyc013
    Options
    I'm sorry you've got some ugly days ahead Meli. I'm trying to adjust to my new normal.... I don't much like it either. The handful of pills I take twice a day makes me a little nuts. What condition (s) do you take the pain shots for? I will say some prayers for strength and peace... The things we do...
  • Acacia2India
    Options
    Thanks Tracey. Officially there is no name for what I have as it was caused by a head injury. The neuro team describes it as chronic idiopathic cranial neuropathies with mononeuritis multiplex and trigeminal neuralgia. Basically I sustained a head injury to the right side of the back of my head and neck and now I have issues with spontaneous paralysis, pain, balance, hearing, and occasionally eyesight.

I made it through the night last night and my appointment is in 2 hours for my shots. I ate a very healthy breakfast and made a batch of brownies with the last unhealthy ingredients in the house so that I can have something devious over the next few days while I'm down and out.

The hardest part in this exact moment is the anxiety that is building up - I always get it - it's hard walking into something that I know is going to inflict pain on me for days. But I can't take my Ativan until my husband gets home as I refuse to be in an altered state when it's just me and the baby.

Deep breaths.
  • traceyc013
    Options
    deep breaths.... yes... how old is your baby??? Hang in there...
  • traceyc013
    Options
    Thinking about you Meli... How are you?
  • Acacia2India
    Options
    Hey Tracey - thank you so much for thinking of me.

Today is better than yesterday. Overall I'm doing okay - I'm keeping pretty medicated right now - once the pain goes away the shots will be worth it. Although this time he seems to have got something that is bothering my arm as my arm is really weak and tingling - not good but hopefully it will wear off as the rest of the shot does.

On the good side of things, my Mom can come and stay with us and help with the baby from Mon - Wed this coming week so my husband doesn't have to take any more days off (he was off with me yesterday). My daughter is 10 months old and try very hard to start walking.

It's so nice of you to ask - thank you. How are you??
  • traceyc013
    Options
    My daughter walked at 10 months... I don't recommend it
  • traceyc013
    Options
    Don't know where the rest of the post went.... Anyway other than shoulder pain I'm OK. A decent food week. Hope you get relief soon. Treatment ought to be easier!
  • Acacia2India
    Options
    My daughter walked at 10 months... I don't recommend it

I'm definitely nervous about it. Today she was determined to pull every single book of her bookshelf. And squealed with delight with every one. It was adorable!
    Don't know where the rest of the post went.... Anyway other than shoulder pain I'm OK. A decent food week. Hope you get relief soon. Treatment ought to be easier!

As long as it gives me a 2.5 - 3 good weeks it's worth it! Glad to hear you're having a good day and that the week went well.
  • Acacia2India
    Options
    Well, my husband had to take Monday and Tuesday off to take care of me. We're having a hard time in that we have no one to help us. I put an ad up on care.com tonight for an occasional sitter. I don't like him missing work but I can't be medicated and at home with the baby. He's so wonderful though - he doesn't complain at all - he tells me he loves me and that he doesn't mind. He understands and is completely ideal. I adore him.

Unfortunately there's a new side effect from the shot this time - it's affecting my arm. I can use it but it's weak - I'm not quite sure how to handle that but I'll deal with that once I've recovered from the shots. I have high hopes for being able to handle things on my own on Wednesday :)
  • traceyc013
    Options
    Side effects are the worst... Glad you have a supportive spouse. Hope you're arm gets better, that sounds scary...
    I did some stress eating today... Haven't done that in weeks....
  • Acacia2India
    Options
    Thank you Tracey.

What brought on the stress eating? How are you feeling?
  • traceyc013
    Options
    Just typical family stuff.... I have an almost 17year old daughter and a 14year old son who has down syndrome and autism... School started today and so there was drama this week. Husband working late... You get the idea. I'm feeling mostly ok... A little tired and some pain in knees and shoulders.... Once everyone's routine gets going things ought to settle....
    How are you??
  • Acacia2India
    Options
    I'm glad you're doing okay overall - how is the pain doing? Can you do some self-care over the weekend?

I'm doing much better. And bonus - I get to sleep in tomorrow!