Daily Report 2015-08-05

Options
Morning everyone,

I was a bit busy yesterday to check, but my day went pretty well. I went for a light 3 mile jog instead of my normal full out run. I was feeling a bit sore from Monday's workout, so I didn't want to push myself too hard, but today I kind of feel like I should have. I shot my bow afterwards though, so that made it a bit better I guess.
Today I'm going to push myself beyond my limits, at least I hope I can. Weights and zumba today, maybe a bit of gardening and shooting my bow afterwards as well. Bow season starts in two months and I'm super excited, I can't wait to be 30-40 feet up a pine tree swaying with the wind waiting for the perfect deer (doe or buck) to walk by. It doesn't sound very exciting, but it's a rush.
I'm still, very slowly, reading through past updates trying to catch up on what's been going on. So please excuse me if I'm out of the loop, just give me a moment I'll get there :smile:.

u1edltgd5k5j.jpg

Have good day everyone.

~ Kris

Replies

• scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!

Kris, I have so missed your stories about hunting. I had no idea you did it from the tops of trees! It does sound exciting!

I had a bit of a rest day yesterday, only walked for 40 min. I guess I needed a day off (or two, we will see). I pick about 10 lbs of blackberries this morning. All that squatting and reaching, got to count for something. lol I pick berries almost every day. It's time to make some more syrup. Maybe that's what I should do tonight. So much work to to around the house and garden. I saw quite a few cantaloupes in the front bed this morning. So exciting, I really love fresh picked melons. So much better than the ones in the store. They are never ripe.

Very excited for Bella this morning. She is testing for her second degree black belt! My thoughts and best wishes are with you Bella!

Have to say hello to Bruce since he likes to "lurk" :wink:

To win you've got to stay in the game. Claude M. Bristol
    I love this quote. The days I feel depressed and down, this is a good pick me up. Even if your are not 100%, you have to stay in the game!

Have a great day!
    Alisa
  • FitStrongHealthy
    FitStrongHealthy Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Yes, Alisa, my husband and I use a climbing stand (lots of leg and core and arm strength needed for those) or a ladder stand to deer hunt from. When it gets colder we hunt from tents or shooting houses. I love fresh berries in the mornings, but our bushes stopped making fruit I guess it got too hot, and the critters got to all of our cantlope :(.

Well, good luck Bella!!!!! I'm sure you'll do great!!!
  • SRJennings
    SRJennings Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to hear from Bella, I hope the test was awesome.

I don't think that I could climb a tree anymore. It's kind of sad, don't you think? I would love to go up in a tree house and read a good book :-)

I walked for a round of golf today carrying my bag. It's a good walking work out. And the heat certainly makes it more difficult.

My pond is closed for this foreseeable future. I am so sad. The long drought and high heat index has caused bacteria levels to go to high. Boo!

I will have to get my bike down from the hook on the ceiling! :-)
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    Susan - did you do all your swimming in a pond?
  • HealthyBella403
    HealthyBella403 Posts: 64 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Another late post, I'm afraid, but I just got home from my black belt test, and....I passed!!

All my material went smoothly, and for my board break routine, one of the wooden pieces went flying up and cracked the fluorescent light! My master wasn't mad though, just proud. It's odd what things are valued in martial arts, and being strong enough to wreck the studio is one of those things, I guess!

It's so great to see everyone posting again! You all are so inspirational and keep me going even when I want to quit. I'm a little sentimental at the moment what with the endorphins and all, but I'm so grateful for this community!

I'm leaving tomorrow night for New Zealand, so I may get a chance to post or I might not. If not, you'll hear from me next from the Southern Hemisphere!

It's like midnight Eastern, so hope you're all getting a well-deserved sleep!

❤️Bella