Sagging Face Post-Surgery :-(

Options
garber6th
garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
After losing over 200 lbs, my face was much thinner and definitely saggier, especially around the mouth/jowl area, or what are also sometimes called the marionette lines. Besides the weight loss, being over 50 contributed to the sag factor I am sure! So, I decided to get Juvaderm injections. I didn't want to get a facelift, or even Botox, and this turned out to be a good solution. It contains hyaluronic acid which is in our skin and cells anyway, so it isn't as toxic as Botox, and it doesn't freeze your face. The results were very subtle but made so much difference. I just had them fill in those lines around my mouth a bit. It isn't obvious at all that I had this done, it just looks like I am very well rested :-) Before, I would NEVER have considered doing this, but now, I have worked so hard and done so much to improve my health and my quality of life and I feel that I deserve to do what ever I need to feel good about myself. Of course the place I went to tried to push Botox and other treatments, but I explained to them that after losing so much weight, there were times when I didn't even recognize myself, and I didn't want to do anything drastic. I am sure there are others of you who are in the same situation, which is why I wanted to share :-) I am definitely happy I did this.

Replies

• deedeetris
    deedeetris Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful!!!!!
  • garber6th
    edited August 2015
    Options
    deedeetris wrote: »
    You look beautiful!!!!!

Aw thanks, but the picture is from before!! I need to put a new picture!

ETA - I put a new picture!

• joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Fabulous results and congrats! You have worked your butt off literally :) looking great!
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I think you look great!
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • GalgoMomAnita
    GalgoMomAnita Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You do look great in your profile pic! Please let us know if you post an 'after' pic as I'm sure 50 and weight loss will cause the same thing here.
  • garber6th
    Options
    You do look great in your profile pic! Please let us know if you post an 'after' pic as I'm sure 50 and weight loss will cause the same thing here.

That is an "after" pic, but it's hard to see what I did because I am smiling lol... it's much easier to notice when I am straight faced. I saw a couple of friends over the weekend that I had not seen for some time, and they both said I looked great. I told them what I did and one of them said, I am so glad you told me because I knew there was SOMETHING but I couldn't put my finger on it. The other friend said the same thing. So, it is very subtle, but noticeable, which is what I wanted. But yeah, being almost 52, the elasticity is starting to go for sure!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue! I use Beauty Control Firm and Fill moisturizer. It really makes a difference. I haven't found anything else that works as well at helping to firm up my face. My only complaint is this stuff is sold by dealer, not in the store. I'm lucky in that my hairdresser sells it. A little pricy, but like I said, it works so it's worth it to me.
  • garber6th
    Options
    pawoodhull wrote: »
    I have the same issue! I use Beauty Control Firm and Fill moisturizer. It really makes a difference. I haven't found anything else that works as well at helping to firm up my face. My only complaint is this stuff is sold by dealer, not in the store. I'm lucky in that my hairdresser sells it. A little pricy, but like I said, it works so it's worth it to me.

I will have to give it a try! I hadn't found any skin care products that really made a difference.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Dale, if you can't find a representative, I have purchased off Amazon when my hairdresser was out of town and I was desperate. Beauty Control also has a firming eye serum I really like. Makes me look a lot less tired as it's used at the brow and seems to pull the lid up a little.