Tracking P90X

Options
Lindsay brought up in the forums that she was on week 2 of P90X, which as those that have done or tried it may know, is a helluva feat and a damn fine workout! I wanted to try to help track the calories burned through it and stumbled on a little calculator. While it might not be perfect, it does seem to at least get close to what you can use as a decent measure, and base meals off.

If you've got other tools you use for other things such as BeachBody (21 Day Fix, T25, Insanity, etc.) feel free to post and if need be explain a little on how to use the tool.

Replies

• lindsaykelsey
    lindsaykelsey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm actually doing P90X3. I'm using a heart rate monitor to track my calories though. All the P90X3 workouts are 30 minutes long, and my calorie burn usually ranges from 250-450. Then I do yoga afterward, and take the dogs for a walk.

A lot of the moves I just can't do, so I'd imagine you'd get a pretty crazy calorie burn if you can go full out.
  • macattack1380
    macattack1380 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm actually doing P90X3. I'm using a heart rate monitor to track my calories though. All the P90X3 workouts are 30 minutes long, and my calorie burn usually ranges from 250-450. Then I do yoga afterward, and take the dogs for a walk.

A lot of the moves I just can't do, so I'd imagine you'd get a pretty crazy calorie burn if you can go full out.

Noice! Yeah I remember trying P90X the OG version when I thought I was in decent shape a few months ago, just the Ab Ripper X. I thought I was dead, or wanted to die, so...so badly.

But good on you for tracking it so close, I found if I don't track my intake in terms of calories it gets away from me way too easily.

Are you liking X3? Does it require dumbells/resistance bands? The wife is on the 21 Day Fix and I've done a few days with her, it's a damn workout for sure but always kind of wanted to get back on Insanity or P90 on my own.
  • lindsaykelsey
    lindsaykelsey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did the OG P90X when it first came out, but I find the videos to be way too long. 30 minutes is about perfect for me to really push myself, and if I feel like it I'll do extra stuff later in the day. It doesn't have as many pure weight lifting videos tho, which I miss. So I'm supplementing other videos in for that. It does require weights or bands, though a lot of the videos don't require anything. I have a full set of both though.