Ingress - great nerdy workout friend!

Options
rorobonobo
rorobonobo Posts: 12 Member
Hi guys!

Not sure if any of you play or have heard of Ingress - but it's a location based game for smartphones that gets you out and about! You have to move to different locations to play it.

Awesome game - you meet fantastic people and really see more of the world, while excercising! I've walked 140KM in 3 months just playing the game!

https://www.ingress.com/

Anyway - this is also my first post, so hi all. Nerds rejoice <3

Replies

• NordicLifter78
    NordicLifter78 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Just picked it up, I'll check it out ASAP
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I have it, but I found out pretty fast that I can only walk to 4 places during my 3.5 mile walk, and they are all enemy bases... and I just ran of life too fast to make it any fun.

It's probably fantastic if you live in the city though.
  • pwatol
    pwatol Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I actually had to cut way back on my ingress playing when I got serious and decided to lose weight. Too much driving around too many hours after work to level up, and too much stopping to play every 50 feet when I was on foot to get a really good walk in. Met some really nice people on my local team, though. :smile:

I'm really curious to try Run An Empire when it comes out of limited beta, though. Lots of walking, and no need to hold your phone and stare at it to play.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    pwatol wrote: »
    I actually had to cut way back on my ingress playing when I got serious and decided to lose weight. Too much driving around too many hours after work to level up, and too much stopping to play every 50 feet when I was on foot to get a really good walk in. Met some really nice people on my local team, though. :smile:

I'm really curious to try Run An Empire when it comes out of limited beta, though. Lots of walking, and no need to hold your phone and stare at it to play.

Haven't heard of that one. Sounds interesting.