Chatr and Accountability aug 9 -15

Options
Hmrjmr1
Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
Happy Sunday Folks. Hope all is well with all of you.

Carol - Good work on the beach!

6 weeks out from the competition, so sport specific training starts Monday, Gonna Jam!

Replies

• carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Go Hammer! I look forward to hearing about your training for the competition!

I went back to the beach this morning for sunrise sprints. Feels good.
  • carolssalva
    Options
    pogk2ruo7k3h.jpg

No music for my sprints but I did take some time to listen to "Here Comes The Sun" by the Beatles.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    So started the Morning 150 today, Alternating sets of 10 Pushups and 25 Body Weight Squats no rest between sets. Then Strength training today Seated ovhd press 6reps / 95#, 7/100, 6/100, 5/100, 4/100, 3/100 then Alternating 35 lb Kettle Bell Swings with Zercher Squats, so 15/35, 12/115, 15/35 10/135, 15/35 8/155, 15/35 2/185, 15/35 10/135, 15/35.
    Love the pics Carol Beach Sprints are always fun!
  • jenniferyounginillinois
    Options
    Back from West Virginia and exhausted. Great weekend though.
  • howie6267
    howie6267 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Doing good here in Ohio. Got a 15 mile ride in yesterday and have been eating well.
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Carol, love your beach pictures! And don't worry about the shadows lol

Howie, yay! For another day of biking!

John, as usual great workout.

I was plagued with hormonal migraines for THREE days.. not fun. The kind that it hurts so much that tears just stream down uncontrollably. Today is the first day that I have no more pain. I had to take the strong meds which makes me really loopy. Although the pain was dulled during those 3 days I wasn't really functioning. Plus it didn't even last that long! My migraines aren't usually like this so this is very unusual. Hope this won't happen again.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Monday Folks. Morning 150, 50 Body Weight Rows on the TRX straps and 100 Squats.

Heron - Bummer on the Migranes. I know from Zena how brutal they can be. Hope you're feeling better.

• jenniferyounginillinois
    Options
    Good morning everybody. Took today off to try to get myself back in order.

Heron, so sorry about the migraines. I completely understand. I've had my share of them over the past six months.

I'm completely not caught up to what everybody is doing. I'm still trying to get myself heading in the right direction. I didn't do so great over the weekend. Seeing myself on video horrified me! My belly is too darn big. :( I HAVE to do this!!!!!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    All Rightyh then Terrific Tuesday! Morning 150 was Pushups and Squats.

Cmon Jen - just get started - my morning 150 only takes 7 or 8 mins. Start with five sets of 10 Body weight squats right after your first pee. No excuses no waiting til... this or that. Just Do. Then repeat tomorrow. We know U can. IF you set the habit the rest will follow.

• heronh
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Yeah Jen! You can do it! I don't do 150 like John :p but I've been sneaking in squats and leg raises throughout the day when I remember. Since yesterday no migraines( only a headache that was easily dealt with)! Who hoo! Gonna do my kettlebell later and because I wrote it here, now I have to do it. Hehe
    Slipped up during the weekend. No good reason just hormonal and because I was dealing with migraines I really really don't feel like trying to eat clean. So that's just bad judgement. Well started eating clean on Monday and hope I'll see more progress at the end of the month.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Wednesday Folks! Gonna be a very good day. Just got done with my Shot Put drills and I have a lot of work to do in the next 6 weeks to be able to show up and not be embarrassed. No worries though every journey starts with a single step.

Heron yep like the pharoh said "Let it be written, Let it be Done" Shake off the weekend and move with purpose.

Howie - Let's hope you'll have the fix in on the bike with the new tires.

All righty then, training a new Wheel Chair Athlete today, and got my two SCI guys tomorrow so rockin' it.

• leopardprintaholic
    leopardprintaholic Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys! Been movin' my moneymaker to the tune of about 4 miles daily. My twist (to add the 'joyful' to my movement) is to move to a different band every day of August. Keeps things fun & interesting! I'm open for suggestions, & Id love some of your faves. Hugs & enthusiastic cheers for you all!! ~DebSue
  • howie6267
    howie6267 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Diet is going good waiting on new tires either tomorrow or Friday. Will do some biking this weekend to try to make up some miles.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Debsue- Depending on your ambition for the day, Led Zepplin, Steppenwolf, or Beach Boys.

Howie, I wouldn't worry bout making anything up, just move forward when you got your gear.

Ok Dokay Folks, Yesterday is done, it doesn't matter, but what's ahead of you does. So let's roll, Oh yeah Happy Thursday!
  • heronh
    Options
    Yay already lost my weekend weight! I am really liking my new IF LC WOE. It's nice not to stress about macros per meal. I don't know why carb nite stopped working for me. Something probably changed. But I am still kinda embracing Kiefer's teaching of insulin. Right now this is what I'm trying.
    Long walk yesterday, I was on the trail of the levee and it was dry. Some spots still have water but barely. And then I see people watering their lawns. Why are people wasting precious water on useless grass?! While a farmer has to till in his perennial crop of asparagus because he can't afford to water it to keep it alive. Wildlife having a hard time, wildfires raging. Man we need rain bad!
  • leopardprintaholic
    leopardprintaholic Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    John: Thanks for the suggestions!

Heron: I feel Ya, Girl. Still eating Keto, but have bagged having a scheduled 'Carb Nite' for now.

Howie: I wanted to encourage you! When I was 48 1/2 I wore a size 18w & vowed I wouldn't be "round" by 50. On my 50th, I was sporting a size 4/6 :) My only regret is that I didn't exercise along the way. You will do it, Brother! "Victory" is your middle name.
  • Hmrjmr1
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Happy Friday Folks Don't forget to RED TOP.

Good O Heron keep up the good work lass.
  • heronh
    Options
    DebSue, way to hit your goal by 50! Sigh size 4/6 my ultimate goal.
    I am a little sore today,was thinking of doing a kettlebell workout but decided against it, just because I think I can complete a workout doesn't mean I should, that's how I got into so many troubles. Instead, I'm going to do Yoga later.
  • carolssalva
    Options
    I love the posts this week. Beach boys, IF LC, Howie's biking...it all sounds so great!
    And DebSue! Who knew? What a great story. Especially because I'm coming up on 50 pretty soon here. Rock on mama!

I've been moving more than usual. Taking extra steps since I found my Fitbit. The new school year is starting so I have no time to get out and do long walks. But you can still move your moneymaker more if you're determined.

Work has been really exciting lately. I'll check in later and write more about it.

Heron- I get really excited when something starts working for me but it seems that the eventual plateau always appears… No matter how great the protocol. CN stop working for me too. But if I'm honest with myself, I don't do anything with enough Fidelity. 4/6 is where I'd love to stay. Not there at the moment but working on it also. I'm proud of us that we keep tinkering and tweaking and helping each other out!
  • carolssalva
    edited August 2015
    Options
    aln2cbo0fflu.jpg
    I'm moving my Money Maker outside my hotel. Running sprints and small hills.
    It's in the 70s here right now in Cleveland. Brad sister is getting married today, it's really a joyous day for everyone here. I'm sending you all joyous thoughts for your day too! Make it a good one.