Motiivation

Options
It is so damn easy to talk myself out of exercise.

I want to start running again, but I live on a hill. This does a number on my knees. Also, I am about to find an apartment so I am saving money...which means i don't want to join a gym.

See?

I am hoping joining something like this will help.

Replies

• macattack1380
    macattack1380 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It is so damn easy to talk myself out of exercise.

I want to start running again, but I live on a hill. This does a number on my knees. Also, I am about to find an apartment so I am saving money...which means i don't want to join a gym.

See?

I am hoping joining something like this will help.

I can relate, and used to find it so much easier to find some reason that I wouldn't need to workout today, or that I would "really get after it" tomorrow.

That was then, and now I can say that when I feel like I don't want to work out I think of two things;
    • I will be better for it tomorrow
    • It's only 30 minutes/an hour/two hours

I'm really glad I checked the group after just going on a run myself. I didn't want to today. The wife went out of the house for an hour, and it was some prime Rocket League time. As I settled in on the couch the thought kept creeping in that if I skip today, what if I skip tomorrow?

I recall a comment on Reddit and if I can find it I'll link it directly but the gist was "skip a day, but never skip two" and ever since I read that, I have not skipped a day of at least going out for a run for a mile, take a long walk with the wife, take the dog for a longer walk around the neighborhood, SOMETHING.

I think the most shocking thing that I've found since I dropped some weight and started really treasuring being active is just how positive I am, about everything - hell I can find joy in a really *kitten* game because I like to think someone somewhere made that game with passion and drive. They wanted to put something out there and they want to get better, who cares if it rips of game A or game B? They're doing something. Sure there are exceptions, but those few *kitten* ripping people off for money are few and far between.

Negativity and pessimism is a virus, an infection that no one likes, yet everyone is affected by. Positivity is lasting. Ever met someone that was just genuinely the nicest person you've ever met? The guy or gal you could never picture telling to "*kitten* right off"? Those are the people that live on in you. Be that person! You, staceyindaburgh, are *kitten* awesome. Your journey starts now, here. TEAM FIT is here to walk, run, lift, grunt, scream, cry, and cheer your *kitten* to the finish line.

Whenever you think you can't, come here. If you need some instant motivation, check out the subreddit for GetMotivated - it might sound cheesy and some of them are downright weird but the top posts are quality.

I found this Terry Crews quote oddly inspirational too and think it applies to a hell of a lot more than just the gym so don't get hung up on that part - sub out the gym for the track, the library, school, the outdoors - whatever.

fdu272r015a7.png

Keep in mind I don't have all the answers, half the journey is finding those for yourself - BUT I'd like to think this group can definitely help each other out. I welcome others to jump in and post what inspires them, what motivates them, what grants them the discipline to get those workouts in whenever they can. And staceyindaburgh, GIVE EM HELL!