Weekly Warrior Mini Goal Challenge Week of August 9th - August 16th

seehe
seehe Posts: 946 Member
In the weekly Warrior Mini-Goal Challenge focus on your short term goals.

Focusing on one week at a time, when the big picture seems too overwhelming. Small changes can bring on big results!!

Choose one or more things you want to work on for just this week. Don't set it too high or unreachable!!

Please, make sure your week works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!

You can reach your main goal if you break it into small actionable steps. It could be as easy as 1-2-3!

1) Choose something you know you can do easily.
2) Add more difficult tasks to your plan.
3) These small steps will get you started, motivated & help build routine for long term success!!

Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or a get back on track week?

Check in often, have a great week and do the best you can! B)<3

Replies

• seehe
    I borrowed the introduction from you Hearts- thanks! Sorry to have been MIA, but some eye issues and other health stuff was keeping me at bay and off the computer. Doing better enough to commit to some goals for at least thru Thursday as I fly back to Michigan Friday for a wedding.
    SO, for these four days, I commit to ;
    1. Logging my food
    2. Preplanning meals
    3. Healthy food choices including staying low in carbs and sugar
    4. Staying in the green zone calorie wise

Hope to hear from some other fellow warriors :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    This Weeks Goals

Water = Drink IT!
    Bed = by 10:30pm
    1 fruit 1 veggie daily (to get me back in the routine)
    pool this week 2 +

Do some paperwork each day this week so I don't feel overwhelmed. Keep up with pre-surgery to do list.

Thanks Susan for starting us out! Actually that's the page that we always start out with when we begin a new thread each week...so no patent pending! :p

So days are moving quickly toward my knee replacement surgery in Oct. So much to catch up with and it feels a wee bit overwhelming but trying to stay low key about it. Low key for me is much better than freaking out and having to do it all at the last minute.

Susan glad the infection is better and you're feeling better.

Had my temporary crown put in today (had to do it before surgery) and I'd forgotten how half your face hangs all strange after the shot. ha ha My forehead and my eyeball and chin on my left side even felt ...well actually they didn't feel anything! ;)

@Seehe @forestrose910

Cheers All for the best week yet!!! :D
  • seehe
    Hearts- lol about the numbness in your face but ouch on having to get a crown!
    Also, since I have been out of the loop for a while I didn't realize you were getting knee surgery soon. My husband is getting his hip replaced August 24th. I hear surgeries for these things are better than they used to be with faster and easier recovery times, although I do think knees take more recovery time than hips. I wish you all the best with it❤️
  • forestrose910
    forestrose910 Posts: 688 Member
    Happy Wednesday!

Susan- thanks for getting us started and keeping things going. So sorry you have had health challenges and glad that you are getting better. good for you having goals for the days that you know you can work on them and then after your weekend trip, you can have more goals.

Hearts- very smart to do a little paperwork each day to try to keep up with things. it is much easier to put things off but you know it will make things go a lot smoother as you get closer to Oct. I laughed with I read about the weird face stuff and can totally relate. I had an even weirder thing happen when I had a shoulder block for finger surgery. It took over 8 hours to get the feeling back in my arm and it was droopy all day.

Have a great week and continue to take care of yourselves.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Happy Saturday Ladies! Hope all is well :) Plan to do some cleaning around the house today and then go swim in the a.m. Work Thurs wiped me out but I love being there.. had plans to go to a water class Friday but walking was a painful challenge so I rested and did somethings around here and ran some needed errands.

Thanks for the well wishes on the surgery... yes Susan it does sound like things have changed greatly over the years on 'body parts' replacements. lol I should be driving within 2-3 weeks with this knee (left one). SO glad I'm already using the pool as it's such a great workout place in general let alone after a surgery or any type of joint paint.

Xx
This discussion has been closed.