So Tired

Options
Ok so I am trying to do better about my exercise. I have gotten up at 5:30 every morning this week and done some yoga. Then Monday night I came home did some squats and walked around the house with ankle weights on. Yesterday I walked up and down my driveway to walk a mile. My problem is I am so very tired. I can hardly keep my eyes open at my desk this afternoon and every afternoon this week. Why am I so tired?

Replies

• GlenErin9
    GlenErin9 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Make sure you eat some protein around 30 min after you exercise. This will give you energy plus it will help promote muscle and burn fat. Yogurt is always a good choice.
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I think I answered you on another thread, but I will do it here...you might want to have your iron levels checked. :)
  • GalgoMomAnita
    GalgoMomAnita Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    If you're not used to getting up at 5:30, that in itself could be the whole problem. I've read that it's a worse problem to get up at inconsistent times vs. staying up later, so your body might be having a hard time adjusting to a new 'early' hour. I tried exercising early like that in the past with a trainer. I found I could do so much more work if I went at any other time in the day. It's so hard though, because if you're like me if feels like I have to either get up early or stay up late to fit everything into one day. On a side note, be careful with ankle weights. If you have any knee problems at all that can aggravate things
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I am getting up at 5:30 Monday-Friday, but that's normal for me. What I have noticed is that I am exhausted after the gym on Tuesday and Thursday nights. Going to the gym is really new, I've only been doing it for 2 weeks now so I don't know if this is normal. But I yawn all the way home and really just want to lay down and sleep when I get there. I can't, it's way too early and I know I would then be up about 2 AM. So I force myself to stay awake until my normal bedtime. Thaeda could be right, you could have low levels of something, so if you haven't been checked for awhile, you might want to be. Other than that, just make sure to get all your calories and water.