Any other Longtimers (3+ yrs)???

Options
anninva
anninva Posts: 9 Member
Hi all,

120 lb weight loss and maintaining at 4.5 years out but my diet sucks and I don't exercise. Back to MFP today for accountability but just can't seem to motivate myself! Anyone else? I'm aing for 1100 cals and have already gone over! Maintenance is a *kitten*!!!!

Thanks! Ann

Replies

• BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am 3 1/2 years out (November 2011) and initially lost 147 pounds, but because my diet sucks and I don't exercise like I should, I have gained around 30 pounds in the last 2 years. I really need the accountability and a big kick in the *kitten* to get myself back on the wagon with good eating habits, drinking my water and exercising to get back to where I was and then continue on (would like to lose 50 pounds total at this point - the 30 I have gained plus another 20 to get to my goal weight).
    Feel free to add me and we can support each other. :smile:
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    anninva wrote: »
    Hi all,

120 lb weight loss and maintaining at 4.5 years out but my diet sucks and I don't exercise. Back to MFP today for accountability but just can't seem to motivate myself! Anyone else? I'm aing for 1100 cals and have already gone over! Maintenance is a *kitten*!!!!

Thanks! Ann

I am only 18 months out... so not a "long timer" so to speak. I am sorry you are struggling. I would DIE if I only allowed myself 1100 cals. OMG. I have found it far better to go lowcarb-- it lets me eat more cals and still maintain my weight-- plus it is SO YUM. You might want to consider that option. I adhere to a ketogenic diet- high fat, moderate protein, low carb (50g or less per day).
    I am 3 1/2 years out (November 2011) and initially lost 147 pounds, but because my diet sucks and I don't exercise like I should, I have gained around 30 pounds in the last 2 years. I really need the accountability and a big kick in the *kitten* to get myself back on the wagon with good eating habits, drinking my water and exercising to get back to where I was and then continue on (would like to lose 50 pounds total at this point - the 30 I have gained plus another 20 to get to my goal weight).
    Feel free to add me and we can support each other. :smile:

You have gained 30 pounds, but have maintained 117 pound loss!! WOW! That is wonderful! I do not mean to speak out of turn, but I have never found "whipping myself into shape" to be a successful strategy. It is only through compassion with and for myself that I have made progress. Any time I am critical towards myself, it has only served to make the struggle even harder. You desire good health and want to feel good in your body- these are excellent goals. Choosing healthy eating and gentle movement for our well being demonstrates love and caring for ourselves. Best of luck to you as you re-focus your energy on good self care. :)
  • mareacuda
    mareacuda Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am 4 years out! SW was 330, currently ~250 and dropping. The lowest I got was 200 on the dot and that was doing a juice fast when I was about 10 months post op. I got pregnant around 218 and the lowest I have seen since my daughter was born 2.5 years ago was 240. I recently started really working out (steadily going since mid June 4x a week) at Orange Theory Fitness and I love it so much. I burn about 550-600 calories per workout and it's fun. I also eat low carb and have kept my calories around 1100-1200. I also drink 1 gallon of water a day and have cut off my wine and popcorn binges... :)