Hey Ya"ll

Options
Butrfly5
Butrfly5 Posts: 3 Member
Can you tell I'm in Texas, originally born a Green Bay Packer. Raised a family in AZ, and now TX.
A little 'bout me,
I too deal with chronic pain, 4 large screws holdin my spine together with other spine issues still to be fixed. I use to work as a food service manager for Camps and also RGM for Taco Bells. In food service over 40 years. But ended as a dog trainer for PetSmart. (go figure) I was so use to being on my feet all day at a fast pace and now can't stand maybe 15 minutes on a good day. My problem is I still eat like I'm that old work horse, So I need to Eat less and try and move more, but the moving part is hard, as you will all agree, when it brings on pain. And yet less weight may diminish the pain. What a cycle, Anyway, I'd love to get to know you all alittle more, so fill me in, I want to connect when I can for support and to be here for ya'll as well.

Replies

• Acacia2India
    Acacia2India Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!

It sound like you have a ton of stuff to deal with.

It really is like we get kicked when we're down isn't it? Since it's harder for us to move in order to lose the weight that would make it easier for us to move. It's enough to make you want to scream sometimes!
  • traceyc013
    traceyc013 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hey butrfly....

I am 51...mom of two teens... One of whom is 14 and has down syndrome and autism... A handsome handful on the best day.... I have RA and lupus... Need to shed about 80 or more pounds... Not an easy task but taking it slow. Your poor spine.... That sounds incredibly painful. I hate those days when a relatively simple task takes me out for the rest of the day.... Started doing at the sink washing dishes, of all things does me in...sacroilliac joints go berserk. My rheumatologist told me my shoulder x-rays were "alarming". Sigh.
    Glad you're here. We may be slow but we can do this....