Walker Horde Meat and Greet

Options
Cindyinpg
Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
edited August 2015 in Social Groups
Walkers, introduce yourselves here and state your goals. This will also be your general chat thread.

Replies

• Cindyinpg
    Options
    I think I will start with the Horde and help plot ways to take down our victims. *evil laugh*.

My 3 goals are a minimum of 10,000 steps a day, 6 days a week. Stay in my calorie budget, 6 days a week and weight train for 30 minutes 3 days a week.
  • fatladysings13
    fatladysings13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sheila! Or, since I'm undead, I guess I *was* Sheila...

My goals will be 45 min of cardio 5 days/week, record food every day, and be under my daily calories 5 days/week.
  • n_horta
    n_horta Posts: 2 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm Nuno Horta, from Lisbon, Portugal
    This is my very first challenge, looks like fun!

Since I'm always hungry, I'm not very fast but I never stop moving, I thought should be a big and scary Zombie!

Big fan of the genre, putting zombies and getting healthier together is just brilliant :)

My goals for the challenge:

1: eat clean, under my calorie budget 6 days/week
    2: exercise a minimum of 30 min a day 5 days/week
    3: row 12K / week

Lets do this! :wink:
  • vettim16
    vettim16 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am Yvette from the mid-west. I am a huge Walking Dead Fan, so I am very excited for the new show. My goals are
    Stay with in my calorie/exercise goal 6 days a week
    workout a minimum of 5 days a week/mixing up cardio and weights
    get 10,000 steps 6 out of 7 days a week

This will be so fun! I am looking forward to this!
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm Beth. None of the other teams interest and I never root for the zombies but the walkers are more fun to be a part of.

Goals:
    1. ride (bike) at least 30 miles per week.
    2. stay within my net cals 5 days out of the week and not go above maintenance during the other days
    3. increase reps or weights during weight workouts
  • olive1968
    olive1968 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I want to play! I am really trying to get serious and stop this yoyo BS I've been doing. Staring off dead seems the right fit for me.

Goals:
    1. work out at least 30 minutes a day 5/7 days
    2. be within 100 cals of my goal, 6/7 days
    3. one big workout a week of 2 hours (I like to hike)
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I already look dead in my avatar. So i choose this group.

Goals
    1. Run 15 miles a week
    2. Stay under calorie goals 5 days a week
    3. Get 15K steps 3 days a week
  • karliebethell
    karliebethell Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey Fellow Walkers! My name is Karlie and I'm from the West coast of Canada! Can't wait for Fear the walking dead!

My Goals:

1. Meet my FitBit walking daily goal 7500 steps 5 out of 7 days
    2. Stay within my calorie goal every day
    3. Drag my butt to aquafit this week
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    This is where I need to be. I am from Ontario Canada
    My goals
    1) Stay within my calorie goals
    2) Work out consistently at least 5x per week
    3) Stay motivated and be there to motivate others
  • JynxedDiamond
    JynxedDiamond Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've never done anything like this before....but it sounds rather interesting. I feel I'd fit in best with the Horde. Anywho I guess I'm a twenty two year old zombie that's attempting to get down to around 120 pounds by Christmas (So I gotta make sure I eat people low in carbs, sodium, and fat).

Goals////
    1) Lose at least .5-1lb a week
    2) Stay within my Calorie goal range (800-1300 calories a day)
    3) Begin introducing light workouts into my daily routine (Sit ups/Push ups/Squats) 50-100 REPS: 3-5 times a day
  • luckygohappy
    luckygohappy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Well, I have two young children and already feel like a zombie with the sleep deprivation, so I might as well be one on here :)
    Goals:
    1. weight train at least twice a week
    2. run 9 miles a week
    3. lose .5 lb/week
  • Gambrell104
    Gambrell104 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Lisa. I hope it's not to late to join. After my wedding last year I seriously fell off the wagon and rolled down the hill and knocked myself out! So here I am getting back on the wagon....
    My goals will be at least 60 mins of cardio 5 days a week
    Stay within calorie goals 6/7
    Drink nothing but water, besides my 1 cup of tea in the morning!
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Okay Guys, Girls and Undead, we're coming down to the start of the challenge.

The Horde will gather tomorrow and begin planning their first attacks: who/where/what. Their decisions will be based on the pilot episode and on the strengths and weaknesses they see in each team throughout this first week. Their attacks or challenges will be posted early next Monday, August 30th. Each team will have unique challenges to overcome and each individual MUST meet their own goals.

For this week, I will post the initial challenge after the show tonight and it will apply to ALL the teams, including the Horde.

It will be a basic Fit Test as well as a challenge video that is a favourite among past participants of out Walking Dead challenges. As always, please ask for alternatives if you have an injury and modify the workout to your fitness level. I will post again here when it is up. Questions?
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Members list should be up to date now if everyone wants to make sure they are on there and on the right team. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10234629/members-list-updated-weekly
  • pinkgumdrop123
    pinkgumdrop123 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm hoping its not too late to join?!

My name is Jess and this is my first challenge.

My goals for the week:
    1) prep my lunch for work at least 4/ 5 workdays this week
    2) workout at least 3 times this week
    3) stay within my calorie goal 7/7 days
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Hi all, I'm hoping its not too late to join?!

My name is Jess and this is my first challenge.

My goals for the week:
    1) prep my lunch for work at least 4/ 5 workdays this week
    2) workout at least 3 times this week
    3) stay within my calorie goal 7/7 days
    Nope. You got lots of time. We'll probably take in stragglers for the next few days.

• Coley88
    Coley88 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I would like to join!

1) Lose .5-1lb/week
    2) Exercise 4-5 times a week
    3) 10k steps 5 times a week

I'm 24, though my birthday is sneaking up in a couple weeks, I started my weight loss journey July 1st weighing in at 148lbs and standing at 5'5", currently weighing in at 138.8lbs, looking to get down to about 120lbs.
  • Cindyinpg
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Week One Challenge is posted! http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10234628/week-one-challenge?new=1

Walkers, please start brainstorming next week's attacks and challenges! You can attack the other teams individually or give them all the same challenge. Try to trip them up however you can. :naughty:

Also discuss a challenge for yourselves. Zombies have to keep fit too. :wink:
  • paf01d
    paf01d Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I joined the challenge but forgot to choose a team.... Does that make me a member of the Horde? Lol!