Running 2 nights in a row.

Options
Flab2fitfi
Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
Just wondering if the apps says anything about running two nights in a row. I would not normally do it but my schedule got thrown out a bit by a poorly little one at the beginning of the week. I would run tomorrow night but have my first parkrun early sat so want to be fresh for that.

I feel ok to run tonight - i'll probably take it easy anyway but I now the apps says take a day off.

Replies

• kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I work three 12 hour shifts in a row so I do all my runs in a row in three days. Just dont strain yourself, listen to your body is key
  • sb4480
    sb4480 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I've done it before, but it does take a toll on your body. I'd take two days off after a back to back. FWIW I notice the most improvement in my runs after I've taken a 2 day break.
  • autumnrunning
    Options
    I've finished the 5k training and i did two weeks workouts in one week one time since i wanted to finish the program already. my legs didn't hurt all the time, sometimes in the beginning but it disappeared once i started running.

when i took a day or two off, i felt better during the next run and did better.
  • dragon1ady
    dragon1ady Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body, it will tell you when it needs to rest. It can be difficult to distinguish between the kind of pain that is just an annoyance, and the kind of pain that's a warning signal, but once you learn that it's surprisingly easy.

The body likes resting between workouts though, it makes ti easier to push yourself that last little bit the next time you run, but everyone is different.

Keep in mind that if you're just starting out you need to be careful, because your muscles are just getting used to this new form of exercise, and if you overdo it you could injure the muscles here and there, which is bad. But once again, the most important thing is to pay attention to your body and what it's telling you. If it says it can run again the day after, go for it. When it says it can't, give it a rest. :smile:
  • FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I often run 3 or 4 days in a row. Like Dragon1 said, your body will let you know when it's time to take your rest days.
    Good luck on your run today!
  • hararayne
    hararayne Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I did far better sticking to doing several days in a row, than I did skipping every other day. I just walked more some days. But thats just me. :)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I ran every day. 10km is nothing daily. Plus I wanted to listen to more Zombies Run
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Idid run the second night but ended up coming home early as it suddenly poured down. I was ok running though although a little tired so will try and stick to a gap between each run.