August 16-31

Options
I don't want to believe the month is half over, but it is.

8/16 - green
14/25
Streak-2

I had a good day at the gym today and we went to play miniature golf as a family this afternoon. Definitely a good day. :-) now I am off to read the posts in the 1-15 thread and catch up with y'all.

Replies

• bbinoa
    bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Green today
    total 16/25

This month is flying!! Kiddos back to school next week. They're close to killing each other so it's about time!
  • jenthibert
    jenthibert Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Green today 16/25 on August 17. No walking today but 2 hours of kayaking this morning. Gorgeous!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    8.16 & 8.17
    Green: Yes & Yes
    Total 16/26
    Streak: 4/10

Hey folks!! Well, I ran 10 miles yesterday. It was brutal, and I can't imagine adding 3 more miles to that for my half marathon in October, but by God's grace, I'll be ready.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins Sounds like you had a great yesterday. I hope today was just as fabulous.
    @bbinoa Sounds like it's time for the kids to go back. I'm visualizing the fights, and it's not pretty. :smile: Hope you had a great day today.
    @jenthibert Sounds like you're enjoying that staycation. Good for you!! keep enjoying these summer days.
  • kirbygirl41
    kirbygirl41 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    8/16 green
    15/25. Continued working on the installation of the new flooring in the house.
  • kirbygirl41
    Options
    8/17 not green I am so sore from the weekend's home improvement project that I can't hardly move!
    15/25
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    8/17 - green
    15/25
    Streak 3

Mondays are hectic now that school is back in session. I hope everyone had a great day!
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Aug 17 = Green
    Goal: 12/25
    Streak: 9
  • bbinoa
    Options
    green
    total 17/25

I'm having some foot pain the last week or so. Getting a little concerned about training for the marathon. Not sure how this may affect it. I've used the same style/brand of shoes (not the same pair ;) ) for over 15 years with success. Not sure if I may need to visit my local running store or what. Hmmm. My dogs are barking tonight!!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    Green: Yes
    Total 17/26
    Streak: 5/10

I did a little run this morning and ran errands the rest of the day. I'm exhausted and need to get to bed.

Hope all my "Green" pals are doing well!

@bbinoa Why were the dogs barking????? :smile:
  • jenthibert
    Options
    17/25 Green yesterday, August 18. It was my baby's 15th birthday!
  • Bruceapple
    Options
    Aug 18 = Green
    Goal: 13/25
    Streak: 10
  • jenthibert
    Options
    18/25 Green on August 19.

Was offered the job I interviewed for and I accepted! It's a nice promotion and I'm excited about it so thank you for all the support :)

Celebrating tomorrow evening with some yummy steak tips, grilled zucchini from a friend's garden (that is in my yard, lol), some nice wine or a favorite beer and maybe even some ice cream! Tomorrow might not be green but hubby and I are going hiking so we'll see!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    Total 18/26
    Streak: 6/10

I rested today. I didn't feel like doing much, and I felt like it was okay to be a little lazy. I'll get my butt moving tomorrow.

@jenthibert Congratulations on the promotion!!!! Enjoy celebrating.
    @bbinoa How is the foot pain?
  • bbinoa
    Options
    8/19
    Green today
    total 18/25

@jenthibert. ..... wooooohoooooo! Congrats on the job. That's fabulous!!! Enjoy your celebration tomorrow :)
    @Laughter_Girl.... foot is ok at the moment. I've been resting it, taking some ibuprofen and icing. Zumba yesterday set it off again. I realized today I always used to wear really good cushiony socks in my running past (Thorlos) but have been running in some cheapo thin Target socks lately. I bought some Thorlos today and if I'm feeling up to running this weekend will see if that's the missing link. I will add my running past is from about 15 years plus ago. In the meantime I've broken my ankle twice, had two kids and gained a bit (lost some though!!) This is the first I've felt like the old ME in years which I'm loving. But if my foot gets too bothersome I'll either do a half marathon or go back to just the regular stuff. Not worth it at this point to risk getting a major injury. Keep your fingers crossed it's nothing more than my old feet complaining a bit!
  • kirbygirl41
    Options
    8/18 green
    8/19 green
    17/19

Pain from the weekend is feeling better. I was able to take a nice 2 mile walk with my daughter and dog today.
  • Bruceapple
    Options
    Aug 19= Green
    Goal: 14/25
    Streak: 11
  • jenthibert
    Options
    19/25 green on Aug 20, with enough left over that I might indulge in some ice cream if I don't fall asleep first ☺
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    8/18 - green
    8/19 & 8/20 - Chevy green
    18/25
    Streak 6

Taking prednisone foe a sinus infection... one more day and my struggle to stay green will be over. I won't be so hungry and I should feel like exercising more.

@jenthibert -congratulations!
    @bbinoa - hope your foot feels better.
    @kirbygirl - glad you felt up to a walk.
    @bruceapple -congrats on your 10 day streak!!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    Total 19/26
    Streak: 7/10

I didn't feel like doing much, but I took the time to do a little strength training. I'm hoping to get a light jog in tomorrow evening. Praying for no rain.

@MelissaP Hope you're feeling better soon!
    @jenthibert Did you treat yourself? Ice cream is always a yummy treat in my opinion. :)
    @Bruceapple Keep that streak going!!
    @Kirbygirl41 Glad you're feeling a little better. Hopefully you can continue those walks.
    @bbinoa It sounds like you plan to listen to your body, which is the most important thing. Hopefully the socks help, but if not, do what you have to do to alleviate the pain. I've never heard of Thorlos, but I strongly prefer a thicker sock to run in too. I'll have to Google those. You're always full of helpful information/resources when it comes to running. :) Thanks!
  • bbinoa
    Options
    Yesterday was red. We had major storms and heavy rain all day so it was the perfect night to stay in. I didn't go over by too much though.
    Total 18/25

My feet seem to be feeling better!!! Yea! I'm going to give my run Sat a shot!!

@Laughter_Girl you can actually get a free pair of Thorlos online. Google "free thorlos" you pay like $4 for s/h but the socks are normally $14 a pair so it's a good deal! I saw the offer and ordered a pair that way. They shipped in 1 day too! They also have socks for hiking, walking etc so if anyone else is interested...
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins hope you're feeling better. Hate when i get sidetracked from stuff like that.
    @kirbygirl101 you have been busy busy w house stuff and working out!! Impressive
    @bruceapple nice streak!!! Go green