Where is everyone located?

Options
her4g63
her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
Curious to know where everyone lives and how far they travel for car shows (:

I live in Watertown, Wisconsin (about an west of Milwaukee and an hour east of Madison) and I don't generally travel too far for shows as my staff does that, but I do attend the DSM/EVO shootout in Ohio (:

Replies

• The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    SoCal! Where we have the weather, and mountain roads to enjoy our cars, but traffic and draconian emissions laws to contend with.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Washington state (just north of Seattle) where the rain keeps our cars indoors 9 months out of the year and California emissions (damn Californians!!!!!) vary by county. Of course **I** live in an emissions county...so the hotrod isn't street legal here. Ugh.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Ah, and usually doing racing, not car shows. My car isn't much to look at. In fact, it looks kinda sad and dilapidated right now. The ones I do go to are in the SoCal area, naturally.

Do you run your car in any of the drags/street course stuff at the shootout?
  • her4g63
    her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Ah, and usually doing racing, not car shows. My car isn't much to look at. In fact, it looks kinda sad and dilapidated right now. The ones I do go to are in the SoCal area, naturally.

Do you run your car in any of the drags/street course stuff at the shootout?

I did once back in 2007 - was one of the only girls who did and was taunted the whole time, hahahah. Stepped down and have only spectated since. Funny how the words of so few can change everything..

But ever since then, I've been eatin' them boyz like crazy at the track near Milwaukee. I was like only 20 years old then and took nearly everything to heart; however, I used it as motivation to build one of the fastest 1g's around. And I did. (:

EDIT: And BLECH to emissions!
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I did once back in 2007 - was one of the only girls who did and was taunted the whole time, hahahah. Stepped down and have only spectated since. Funny how the words of so few can change everything..

I read this sentence and almost went straight to reply with "when you beat their *kitten*, they won't taunt....". But I kept reading....looks like you took care of it. ;)

My car hasn't been to the track in several years (we moved away from the perfect setup of close track, personal friend tuners/shop owners, and available race fuel) but I still get a kick out of the occasional cruise about town, pulling up to a light and having some guy look over, and then take a double take. And no offense to either of you (because I don't think you're in the same crowd), but it's actually comical to see some of the reactions I get from the "typical" Civic crowd. Some of them make a half-*kitten* attempt at a motor-rev....I give them a little supercharger whine....they limp off like they're trying to save gas or something. That being said, I have a little bit of a crush on the WRXs/EVOs....I kinda want one for a commuter. They look hellafun. :)

That reminds me, I need to remind my Dad to find my video. It is the only one I know of that shows me clearly AND is legal, lol. I just wish I had some from after the new motor drop.
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I live in Fargo, ND, so not much for car shows around here. The farthest I've traveled for car shows has been to Phoenix, AZ. I love going to the Barrett-Jackson auction every year in Scottsdale for their January auctions! In the next few years, I'd really like to make a road trip in my Camaro to KY for the Holley LS Fest.