How is everyone?

Options
Julie_Donahue
Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
It's been kind of quiet around here lately. Hope it's because we are all busy working out!!

I've been dealing with plantar fasitis (sp?) pain for the past couple of weeks. I'm hoping my podiatrist will give me another cortizone shot. Since I am losing weight, and losing weight will help the problem (or at least make surgery a little easier), I need to keep moving.

The scale's been a bit disappointing this month. A lot of up and down. I'm soooo close to 50 pound gone.

My big race is in 2 weeks and 2 days. I haven't been able to run as much as I'd like. It's been around 100 degrees every day. I've tried to get up early in the morning, but that just isn't working yet. And I hate running on the treadmill.

What's up with you?

Replies

• recee27
    recee27 Posts: 34
    Options
    I have missed several days logging off and on. But I'm still doing alright with my calories. I lost my brother a little over a month ago and that changed a lot of things. My life has been full of unexpected things and I'm just trying to stay the course. I am still doing Zumba, but I haven't been NEARLY as much as I was going. I was doing 4-5 days a week. The last couple of weeks it's been down to 2-3 days a week. I'm kind of in a funk. I refuse to stop being active and eating better. I'm happy with the weight I've lost. Although I admit that even before any trauma in my life when I was doing everything right the weight loss was SO SLOW and it was driving me crazy! I felt like I should have been losing faster. Anyway, I'm still at it but I have to get back to more exercise. I also had cut out diet soda and was doing really well with out it. I fell off the wagon and now I have to give it up all over again! That really sucks!! We all have ups and downs and I can't beat myself up over them. I'm not giving up and I AM working on getting back to where I was two months ago with my eating and exercise. I'll get there!! I hope everyone is still at it and not giving up. Even if it takes two years, the time will go by whether I lose the weight or not. I would much rather be a healthier me by then!! :)
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your brother Reece <3

As for me - I'm fantastic! I haven't been able to exercise as much in the last week as I'm flat tack with work and my husband has been away on a business trip (leaving me with four kids and all my work to get done - fun!) so I've skipped 2 days where I'd normally go to the gym because I just couldn't get there. On the up side when I was there I managed to get some running in - I had to stop running after getting to 25 mins straight run because my knee was hurting when I ran. I've lost some of that fitness now but I managed to do 15 mins on Wednesday without my knee hurting. I think I'll just stick with running shorter times.

And, after my weight plateauing for a few weeks I have now officially lost 80lbs, as well as hitting my mini-goal - just over 20kg lost this year to date, I wanted to get to 20kg by the end of the month. Feeling pretty awesome right now :D

Julie, I hope your foot feels better soon too x
  • deprek
    deprek Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to hear we are still working here.

I''ve gotten myself a bit off track this past week. I was so busy with my daughter's musical she was in with tech and then the shows and all the backstage stuff I was doing and then this week although it was gorgeous out, I just didn't get out and walk. Shame on me because it's going to be hot again next week so I lost what opportunities I had. I just wasn't in the mood at night and have had lots to do. And food, I've been bad. Eating things I shouldn't and not caring about staying with my allotted calories.

And while I was hoping to get on track this week, I WILL get myself back on track next week.....I HAVE to...no choice. I have goals I want to meet and lots more weight I want to lose.

And yes, a few months from now I could be up pounds or stay where I am or down pounds so I might as well strive to be down pounds.

I wish us all luck as summer ramps up and temptations come our way.
  • sdill64
    sdill64 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Julie - A great stretch for PF is to take a belt, sit at the edge of your bed, put the belt under the balls of your foot and pull up. I had to do that 3 times a day for several weeks before the pain finally stopped.
  • kkgriggs
    kkgriggs Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am still pluggiung away. Some days good some days bad. Since start MFP in Jan I have lost and kept off 12 pounds...not to say I haven't lost more however gained it back and lost it again so... 12 pounds. HOWEVER since I started this journey to better health I have lost 24 pounds total. Yeah me!
    I am still only getting my support from MFP, a few friends and a health coach (from work)...there is very little support or encouragement from home. Which some days is very frusrating.
    Each story I read here inspires me to continue.
    Thanks to you all.
  • Terri_terri
    Terri_terri Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm still eating healthy and watching my calories and fat intake. I haven't been able to exercise since I started my 6 classes this summer. I literally have no time for anything else. I work 40 hrs and do my classes, a lot of nights I get 2 hrs of sleep because of all the papers that are due. For some crazy reason I thought summer classes would be easier....NOT. I didn't think about the part that they pour the whole semester into 10 weeks. I'll never do that again!! As of today I am down 70 pounds. YAY! But the weight is coming off slower because I am not running.
  • smacmillan86
    smacmillan86 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Happy.

Just generally a happier person, although a bit more tired!
  • Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I lost my brother a little over a month ago and that changed a lot of things.

I'm sorry for you loss. :(
    As you may know, it was almost losing my brother that kickstarted me into action. (He was in ICU for 3 weeks--in a medically induced coma).
  • ShannonTourne
    ShannonTourne Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Still here, was off track for about 1 1/2 weeks, but back at it again. Up a little on the scales, so back at 60 lbs lost instead of 66. However, I'm not giving up!! I'm still not drinking any soda, so I consider that a victory. Not doing so well on getting exercise like I should. I've got to do better about that. I'm so glad to read everyone's encouraging posts. We can do this!
  • Tansy98
    Tansy98 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm still here - started a new job 2 weeks ago and am now working full time for the first time since I had my kids. It's made it harder to fit in exercise but I'm hoping being on my feet most of the day at work will compensate for that at least till I get used to the new routine. I think I've gone off track a little with my diet lately as well, so am trying to get that side back in order too. Glad to hear things are going well for most of you too, tho sorry to hear about your brother Reece.

Take care everyone :smile: