Looking for MFP buddies! Anyone? Anyone?

Options
tanyab222
tanyab222 Posts: 16 Member
I'm not a newbie to this group or to MFP. I've been here off and on for some years now. I need to lose weight and its hard to do with chronic pain issues. I'm in need of some other MFP buddies who can relate to me not necessarily being able to exercise the way some of my other MFP people can (some are seriously hardcore and kind of makes me shudder LOL). Anywho, let me know if your interested! :)

Replies

• traceyc013
    traceyc013 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi Tanya! I so get it... I'm 51 with RA and lupus... Feel free to add me
  • PaulaArtgirl
    PaulaArtgirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me, too, ladies. 51, menopausal, degen arthritis, tinus lupus, fibro, etc. etc. etc. Hard to lose the weight but in a catch-22 situation. I can certainly use the support system!
  • cjmray
    cjmray Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm on here after a 3 year absence. 47 with chronic back pain & tendinitis issues. Would love to connect with ya'll!
  • jbrayto13
    jbrayto13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Here 48 back knees neck shoulder......etc
  • Grandmahpsp
    Grandmahpsp Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Me too. I am 69 and have severe knee and hip pain. I have been away from MFP also and have just come back
  • Byronic_Ryu
    Byronic_Ryu Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I understand what it is like to live with intense pain. I have fibromyalgia. I use to be bedridden. I moved up to a wheelchair user, then to walking on my own. I have done MFP before but wasn't able to do much with it because of where I was at in life and the state of my body.
  • behnybaby
    behnybaby Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am right here with you I have fibro, knee, neck,back and nerve issues COPD, diabetes and depression. I have let the pain dominate and I am tired of letting it control me. I had acupuncture a while back not really thinking it would help but it did. That time I had relatively less pain. Was wonderful but I did nothing to improve my life further. Now I have decided to take control. It is hard but I set and alarm and do not let the discomfort to allow me more down time. I go to the gym started with Aquafit...now 2 days I do Silver Sneakers and 1 day Zumba Gold and 4 days Aquafit. I want to add walking in the water to start then to a treadmill. It isn't easy, my aim is consistency, I manage to get through and by the time I leave dread if I need to stop on the way back home. I feel totaled most afternoons and push myself with dinner prep etc. Just gotta keep pushing and I am sure losing some of this weight is not going to make it harder most likely help at least my knee. I need to reduce my weight by at least another 65 pounds and see if I have alleviated any discomfort I believe it will be YES. So come along we will do this journey together.
  • Maitria
    Maitria Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Exercise has been foiling me for at least three years now. If it's not one condition it's another. I was really ticked to lose swimming.
  • behnybaby
    behnybaby Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    behnybaby wrote: »
    I am right here with you I have fibro, knee, neck,back and nerve issues COPD, diabetes and depression. I have let the pain dominate and I am tired of letting it control me. I had acupuncture a while back not really thinking it would help but it did. That time I had relatively less pain. Was wonderful but I did nothing to improve my life further. Now I have decided to take control. It is hard but I set and alarm and do not let the discomfort to allow me more down time. I go to the gym started with Aquafit...now 2 days I do Silver Sneakers and 1 day Zumba Gold and 4 days Aquafit. I want to add walking in the water to start then to a treadmill. It isn't easy, my aim is consistency, I manage to get through and by the time I leave dread if I need to stop on the way back home. I feel totaled most afternoons and push myself with dinner prep etc. Just gotta keep pushing and I am sure losing some of this weight is not going to make it harder most likely help at least my knee. I need to reduce my weight by at least another 65 pounds and see if I have alleviated any discomfort I believe it will be YES. So come along we will do this journey together.

Wanted to try the elliptical, my knee would not even consider it. So I tried the bicycle an not make tat movement either. So back with the original forms of exercise but had wanted to eliminate Aquafit before winter well I will have to just hope and pray for a mild winter or no bouts of my bronchitis. I am not losing any more than a pound a week.
  • dstar126
    dstar126 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 Lupus,fibro,RA and arthritis very hard to work out. Trying to lose weight friend me.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Hello @dstar126!! This group isn't very active for understandable reasons since we all suffer so much! I am very active in another group on mfp and come back over here to check things out sometimes! So great you're here!

I must tell you my experience with chronic pain, and weight loss. I was 318 pounds at my highest. Had a gastric sleeve, lost 110 pounds, still felt horrible. No change in levels of pain that stayed at 7-8 out of 10. Of course, regain 75 pounds in frustration. This was supposed to help me, and it didn't! Fast forward 5 years, I have to convert to a gastric bypass because of complications with the sleeve, but was told not to expect any weight loss. I did go ahead and decide to keep a journal, here on mfp, like every good bariatric patient should. Through mfp I found a blog that was titled something to the effect of, Bariatric surgery vs. Ketogenic diet. This blog led me to a wonderful group of people in the LCD group (low carb daily group) who have taught me how to do it for weight loss, but a wonderful side effect has been the decrease in Fibromyalgia pain! I haven't worked for ten years (I'm an RN) because of the physical pain! I'm about to go back to work!!!

If you read this far, find this interesting at all, want to just try, send me a friend request, but please tell me which group you're from! Best to you!