New to the forum, trying to lose 50lbs 1 at a time!

Options
brooke402
brooke402 Posts: 8 Member
Hi fellow moms

My name is Brooke and I am a mom of 3 (7,5,2) and I run a childcare out of my home.

the problem I have had is that I am home all the time, surrounded by these little people and I snack off the leftovers I make and we bake together all the time.

By mid afternoon I hit a sugar lull and always have a handful of something to help curb that

by evening I am so worn out that I just sit down and relax but I need to get myself to the gym!

So I am look for some fellow moms who know this feeling and are trying to get the same motivation I am!

Thanks ladies

Replies

• danielle909
    danielle909 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hey! FTM here to a 5 month old. Also still have excess weight from a MC last year, sooo definitely have about 50 to lose too and looking for that motivation! Especially on days where sleep hasn't been great the night before!
  • mrsking218
    mrsking218 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I just transitioned from full time work to part-time SAHM and it is crazy how much more I want to eat when I'm in my kitchen all day! Would love to be friends!
  • Veeedot
    Veeedot Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    im a stay at home mom of 2 atm and bein home is how I gained weight, from snackin throughtout the day.. I currently have 58lbs to loose. I'll add you :)
  • rebeccamarie333
    rebeccamarie333 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Can I join the party? Mom of two, 3 years and 3 months. I'm on leave from my job as a teacher and trying hard not to snack throughout the day. I have about 60 lbs to lose. I'm new the MFP and the community and I'm looking for connections! I'll add you!
  • ashleyfreeman17
    ashleyfreeman17 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The little sleep part is for sure the hardest! But... If you get into exercising it makes you not feel quite so tired those days! I have a 6 year old and a baby who was born in June. Staying active through the day has helped me HUGE in getting through the day with energy and not snacking at home. (And lots of water and tea when I want to snack but know I am not hungry).
  • Bskitt
    Bskitt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm new to the group. I am a mom of two, 12 yo and 14yo. I'm looking to lose about 60 lbs. I'm looking for accountability partners. I like to cycle and walk (hoping to work up to running).
  • crunchketo
    crunchketo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hiya, mom of 3, loosing 30lbs starting now!
  • LorieJ35
    LorieJ35 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, mom of 4 - 10, 8, 7 and 6 months. Have 50 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me too.
  • vazquezmom7
    vazquezmom7 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I have about 30 to go but I am going to focus on one lb at a time.
  • drumbeatdrop
    drumbeatdrop Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! Hopefully you're still okay with people adding you (and anyone wanting to please add me - I'd love to have new friends and motivators). I work weekends and I am home with my kids during the week (3 and 1). I definitely have issues with snacking and by the end of the day all I want to do is a whole lot of nothingness. It would be great to have others to help get me moving!
  • danielle1116mfp
    Options
    Hi! I am new to MFP. My third baby was born in July and I'm ready to get to better than pre-pregnacy weight. I am a big time snacker (why does little kid food have to be so freaking tasty?!) And I could stand to lose 40 lbs. I'd love some accountability and buddies to do this with! You can add me, or I add you? I still am unsure how this works!
  • ageage22
    ageage22 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi I have about 50 to loose. I'm mom of 12 and 19 year old. Working full time as RN, and at home as a cook and house keeper
  • krystalsourwine
    krystalsourwine Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello, I too had 50lbs to lose (I'm down 25lbs but I keep yoyoing...thanks to a plateau I've been stuck on for 6 months now).

I am a SAHM of 4 (12, 7, 4 & 10m) and used to run an in home daycare as well until I gave birth to my 3rd. It was just too much on me. I struggled with the eating all day long too... Still do; which is what I think part of my problem is.

Add me if you'd like to be friends!
  • katsinclairexo
    katsinclairexo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 49.

Mom of one, one and done struggling to lose the weight I gained the first year of motherhood.

We can achieve our goals ♡
  • lisabeth1108
    lisabeth1108 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a rambunctious 2 year old boy and a full time job. Trying to lose 30lbs. I struggle with motivation, could use all the help I can get.
  • kmcc144
    kmcc144 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm a full time student and single mom of a 3, 2, and 1 year old. I am exhausted at the end of the day. I've lost 45lbs since I had my daughter in April 2014- but still have about 25lbs to go. I've been slacking lately and really need to get my head back in the game.