Team B Loft!

Options
adancer59
adancer59 Posts: 302 Member
Welcome to Team B! This includes the Orange, Brown, Blue, Green, Purple, and Black teams :)

Replies

• pjgreen0830
    pjgreen0830 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Pam. I'm here daily.

1. 4/7 days of exercise = 1 lbs advantage - I workout 2-3 times daily, depending on the day, every day except Sunday. I workout before work at the office gym, on Tuesday and Thursday I go to a Zumba class after work, and M-S I do a kickbox and strength band class.
    2. Person that walks/runs/bikes/swims the farthest = 1 lbs advantage I had 13 miles biked last week and have added another 14 this week so far.
    3. Completing 20 minutes of cardio calisthenics = 1 lbs advantage Zumba and kickboxing are both cardio activites. Kickboxing and strength bands both incorporate calisthentics and cardio.
    4. Pack lunch each day or incorporate more fruits/veggies into your lunch = 1 lbs advantage I carry my lunch to work every day except Friday.
    5. Post a picture of one lunch this week = 1 lbs advantage I have posted 2 pictures of my lunches this week.

So as you can see, I'm good at working out. I just manage to eat too much, most of the time.
  • kelseyka
    kelseyka Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Is there someone from the purple team or other teams now that want to report the info weekly?
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,143 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am sorry I have not been here much this week - first I was in a bad mood because of my recent knee injury, then the things at work piled up (end of term is always crazy, but I think this year it is crazier than ever...), and then my sister visited for the weekend. We had much fun and did a lot of things together, so I didn't have time for much else...

So - we are in a new team together, I am happy to meet all of you!

This week's challenge did not go so well, du to the reasons above...

1. 4/7 days of exercise = done - walking around at a rather slow speed, but for a longer time
    2. Person that walks/runs/bikes/swims the farthest = 20.38 km walking (12.66 miles)
    3. Completing 20 minutes of cardio calisthenics = failed - no jumping, running and so on due to doctor's orders
    4. Pack lunch each day or incorporate more fruits/veggies into your lunch = done - both of them ;-) we had a heat wave last week, so I packed some friuts, joghurt and cereal every day.
    5. Post a picture of one lunch this week = no picture - I don't think cereal is that interesting...

Have a great day everyone!
  • adancer59
    Options
    Hello again ladies! Sorry that I am posting this late. Good luck to everyone in this week's challenges!

Exercise Challenges
    1. Exercise 4 out of 7 days this week for at least 30 minutes. The exercise can be either cardio or strength training. It can be at a gym, at home, outside, or anywhere else you'd like. Squeeze it in during your lunch break at work or while your kids are at their extracurricular activities. Whenever it is and whatever it is, make sure it happens at least 4 times this week :)

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeeds

2. The last week of our month-long challenge!!! Run, walk, bike, and/or swim as much as possible this week. Keep track of the distance you cover doing each activity. At the end of the week, the person with the most miles in each category will get an advantage pound. This will be a month-long challenge. There will be advantage pounds given out each week as well as advantage pounds given out to the people who've gone the farthest in each category at the end of the month.

1 lbs advantage for the best performer in each category

3. This week is the challenge's halfway point, so I thought we'd do something to commemorate that. We are going to do a short fitness test. Then, during the last week of the challenge, we will do it again to see how much we've improved! For this challenge you need to complete a 1-mile walk test or 1.5 miles run test, depending on your current level of aerobic exercise. For both of these tests, you are timing how long it takes you to complete the walk/run. In addition, count how many push-ups, crunches, and burpees you can do in one minute as well as how long you can hold a plank position. If for some health reason you cannot complete any parts of this fitness test, please do not try to do so. However, not trying just because something is hard, is not a good enough excuse. You will be surprised by how much you improve over the next 9 weeks!

1 lbs advantage for everyone who completes the fitness test

Water Challenge
    4. This week we are going to focus on increasing our water intake. If you currently get the recommended 8-10 glasses of water a day, try to continue that this week. If you do not currently get the recommended 8-10 glasses of water a day, try to increase you water intake by at least one glass every day this week.

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeeds

Other things we've talked about in the past
    Take a rest day
    Keep drinking water
    Incorporate more fish into your diet
    Don't forget breakfast
    Eat 5 portions of fruits/veggies a day
    Try to cut down on added sugars
    Think about how many colors you are eating
    Make sure you get enough sleep
    When things get tough, remember why you are doing this
    Keep trying new activities and exercises
    Stay active on the discussion boards
    Say no to dessert every once in a while
    Eating healthy lunches / packing your lunch

In Summary:
    1. 4/7 days of exercise = 1 lbs advantage
    2. Person that walks/runs/bikes/swims the farthest = 1 lbs advantage (This is the last week!)
    3. Completing the fitness test = 1 lbs advantage
    4. Increase your water intake by at least one glass unless you currently meet the recommendation = 1 lbs advantage

Thanks to everyone who suggested the challenges for this week! Please keep coming up with awesome ideas, and post them to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/996673-challenge-ideas
  • kelseyka
    kelseyka Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    As this challenge continues to change, and reshape I can no longer commit to being a part of it. I have tried to motivate and keep Purple team checked in, but it has proved more of a challenge then the actual weekly ones. I am sorry to leave, but this challenge is more of a frustration than a motivator and that is not worth continuing. Good luck and I hope you find someone to fill in. I have tried...but haven't hear back. Purple team please send your info to another team member or fill out the spreadsheet. Thanks!
  • adancer59
    Options
    Kelsey, we are sorry to lose you, but I understand the frustrations. We wish you luck with your future weight loss goals!

Anyone that would like can send their information to me. I am happy to function as data entry for both teams. These groups are mostly for support, so hopefully this board will become more active! Good luck to everyone this week!
  • pjgreen0830
    Options
    I input my own info this morning. I am still here and trying, but this week will be hard. I took a bad fall last night and ended up at the doctors office for 3 1/2 hours and on pain med. My left wrist is so swollen I can't use it. I barely can my right wrist and my right leg is also swollen. No exercise today, no work either.
  • Maalea
    Options
    uh oh - that sounds bad! Hope you will get better soon!
  • BadAtitude
    BadAtitude Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Yikes, that must of been a nasty fall. Take it easy and get better PJGreen!:flowerforyou:

Sorry to hear you are leaving Kelsey but I totally understand how you are feeling. Hopefully we are now finally at a point where the people remaining truly want to be apart of the game and stay motivated. Good luck and best wishes for reaching your goal :heart:

I went to my son's grade 6 Grad last night (yes, his school celebrates booting the little buggers out to Middle school - can't blame them:laugh: ) and I was so good. It was pot-luck and there were over 70 dishes of fantastic food (I brought store bought macaroni salad - I really can't cook) any way, I only had one small plate, no seconds, and I didn't take anything that looked like it was fried, fattening or sugary....Yeah me!:tongue:
  • 2muchchocncrisps
    2muchchocncrisps Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hello new 'B' team!
    Another Pam here - Just thought I'd check in on the loft.

Not impressed with my pathetic loss this week but I will be trying harder and including some serious exercise from now on as my torn ligament is now beginning to heal. Sorry to read about more injuries above. Please get well soon.

We finally have some warmish weather here and so the soup for lunch has been replaced by salads - which I love. The heavy coats have been put away and I have found walking is especially beneficial to my mood as well as calorie balance!

So many have dropped out from this group but the weekly weigh in and friendly support has definitely helped me to lose the pounds. This is the best New Years resolution I have ever kept !

Please feel free to add me. I'm here every day.

Lets do this!
  • pjgreen0830
    Options
    1. 4/7 days of exercise = 1 lbs advantage - I worked out twice yesterday and during the second workout was when I fell.
    2. Person that walks/runs/bikes/swims the farthest = 1 lbs advantage (This is the last week!) - Today was one of my biking days but couldn't because of my leg. Maybe Thursday
    3. Completing the fitness test = 1 lbs advantage - Again unable due to injury
    4. Increase your water intake by at least one glass unless you currently meet the recommendation = 1 lbs advantage - 80 ounces of water today, which is a little less than I normally drink but I slept most of the day due to pain meds.

Tomorrow is another day. I am going to work and hoping no pain meds will be needed.
  • Maalea
    Options
    pjgreen - just take care and don't overdo it!

Well, I did not have a real loss this week, but I am already used to it :grumble:
    Would be nice if I lost some lbs before my vacation, but I am not very optimistic...

The challenge so far:
    1. 4/7 days of exercise: 1/4
    2. Person that walks/runs/bikes/swims the farthest = walking this week: 3km
    3. Completing the fitness test = not yet
    4. 8 glasses of water: okay so far

Have a great day everyone!
  • pjgreen0830
    Options
    1. 4/7 days of exercise = 1 lbs advantage - I worked out a little last night at my strength class so that makes 3/7
    2. Person that walks/runs/bikes/swims the farthest = 1 lbs advantage (This is the last week!) - No additional milesdue to my leg
    4. Increase your water intake by at least one glass unless you currently meet the recommendation = 1 lbs advantage - Took in about 100 ounces today, still on the low side

Feels a little better today but still not good. Have to take it one day at a time. Have a great day everyone!
  • Maalea
    Options
    1. 4/7 days of exercise: 3/4
    2. Person that walks/runs/bikes/swims the farthest = walking this week: 8.35 km
    3. Completing the fitness test = not yet
    4. 8 glasses of water: okay so far
  • pjgreen0830
    Options
    This morning I posted for yesterday. Here's for today.

1. 4/7 days of exercise = 1 lbs advantage - I went to Zumba class and then kickboxing class. Couldn't do very much in the kickboxing class, but I tried. 4/7
    2. Person that walks/runs/bikes/swims the farthest = 1 lbs advantage (This is the last week!) - No additional miles due to my leg
    4. Increase your water intake by at least one glass unless you currently meet the recommendation = 1 lbs advantage - While I am running a little on the low side compared to what I normally drink, I am over what the recommended amount is for me, everyday.
  • adancer59
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just wanted to let you know that I am leaving for vacation tomorrow and will be gone for 10 days. I'm hoping to at least get on MFP each day (to keep my "days logged" going), but I probably won't be writing much if at all. That also means that I won't be able to easily message people that haven't weighed in yet. Please remember on Monday to post your weight in this thread or even in the spreadsheet if possible. Finally, though I won't be able to post results on Wednesday like usual, I promise to post results for this week and next week once I return! Please don't give up on me or this challenge, just because I disappear on vacation for a bit! Oh, and I promise to still post a new challenge on Sunday, so don't think you can take it easy for a week ;)
  • pjgreen0830
    Options
    Have fun!
  • Maalea
    Options
    I just saw that the last days I posted on the other team's thread - feeling rather stupid :embarassed:
    Well, I blame the end-of-term stress and the students for it ;-)

So, how have you been doing?
    I went for a long walk yesterday, but probably overdid it a bit since my knee protested in the evening... today it is better, but I gave it a rest day, though.

This week's challenge:
    1. 4/7 days of exercise: 4/4 - done
    2. Person that walks/runs/bikes/swims the farthest = walking this week: 22.3 km
    3. Completing the fitness test = partially
    4. 8 glasses of water: done

fitness test:
    push-ups per minute: 13
    crunches per minute: 23
    burpees per minute: 10
    plank position: 33 seconds
    1 mile walk: right now I can't walk very fast due to my knee - normally I walk about 6 km per hour (3.7 mph), if I wantet to walk fast I gues I would make about 4 to 4.5 miles mph. So lets say about 14 minutes for one mile.
  • Maalea
    Options
    Okay, weigh-in time and TOM is here as well, and I gained about 2 lbs! :angry:
  • 2muchchocncrisps
    2muchchocncrisps Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Okay, weighed in with small loss this week.
    The fitness test certainly highlighted how unfit I am!!
    Have started this week on a more positive note with healthy meals today and started the 30 day shred level one. Foot is still causing trouble and I will probably have to go back to the doctor and try a different treatment.

Come on ladies, we can do this!!