calculating weight without a scale?...

Options
I don't have a scale at home but would like to weigh myself to see if I have lost weight yet. The only way I can weigh myself is when I visit my sister cuz she has a scale in her bathroom. But I'm not always able to be at her house all the time since she works and I babysit her baby at my house. I will buy one when I have enough money to buy one but haven't got paid enough money yet to do that from my nanny job. Does anyone know if there is some other way to weigh myself without a scale until I get one? Or is buying a scale the only way to know?

Replies

• ejb06070
    ejb06070 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I've heard a lot of people say that they weigh at the doctor's office, which is free to do. Otherwise, you can take measurements and try on clothes that wouldn't have fit you before, but a scale is the only way to weigh accurately. Just keep in mind that your weight will vary depending on the location of your scale, due to physics. If you want to see your weight change drastically, try weighing on an elevator (cannot be a digital scale)... you can go from 200 down to 100 and up to 250 in a matter of seconds!
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    You can't weigh yourself without a scale. However, a lot of people ignore the scale anyway and find measurements a much more useful measurement of progress. Your measurements can actually change (meaning you're getting leaner, clothes fit better, etc.) without a change in weight as you lose fat and build muscle. Tape measure should be less than a scale, or if you're really strapped, use a piece of string and a ruler or a standard sheet of paper (8.5x11inches; since this isn't marked for inches, using the paper if you don't have a ruler will be an estimate, but you should still be able to measure progress).

Just to keep in mind, you want to try to weigh yourself the same time of day no more than once a week to track progress and longer intervals are fine. Weight can fluctuate a lot over the course of a day so if you weighed yourself once first thing in the morning and another time in the afternoon or evening, you may see different results that don't necessarily mean anything. Good luck! Don't worry too much about the scale and focus on how you think you look (pictures) and how your clothes fit.
  • jenniferpiotrowski0
    jenniferpiotrowski0 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I'll probably just wait till I can buy the scale but I have noticed my jeans feel looser on me Lately so I'm probably losing something even if its just a couple inches.