hikers / walkers

Options
HatherM
HatherM Posts: 404 Member
Hi, I'm from north Wales & have recently started taking hiking seriously, after loving walking for a while & was wondering if there any other hikers on here from the UK, who would like to share good hiking locations, stories, advice, etc.
feel free to add me as a friend on here too, but please leave a message
thanks
Heather

Replies

• mm1bjp
    mm1bjp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I do a bit of hiking / hill walking in Scotland. Was out yesterday doing one of my local hills. Will add you.
    I have endomondo linked to mfp which I use to track hiking.
  • HatherM
    Options
    mm1bjp wrote: »
    Hi, I do a bit of hiking / hill walking in Scotland. Was out yesterday doing one of my local hills. Will add you.
    I have endomondo linked to mfp which I use to track hiking.
    I visited the highlands this year & fell in love with Scotland. We plan on going back next year & doing lots of hiking too.
  • Osiris275
    Osiris275 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I live in the north highlands f Scotland and love walking. I don't do many hill walks because sadly I don't get a lot of spare time but I have done a couple of small hills and enjoy it. I have 3 dogs so we go walking about 2 hours every day at least.
  • Spiderpug
    Spiderpug Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm just back from North Devon and, although I enjoy walking, the South West Walk Trail was too hilly for me so it maybe a good introduction to hiking?
    I think it is 130 miles long in total and is easy to find online in segments.

• HatherM
    Options
    Osiris275 wrote: »
    I live in the north highlands f Scotland and love walking. I don't do many hill walks because sadly I don't get a lot of spare time but I have done a couple of small hills and enjoy it. I have 3 dogs so we go walking about 2 hours every day at least.

Wow that's plenty of walking. While I was there I just wanted to walk up ever hill/mountain/etc. I saw :smile: