Apple Watch Friends?

Options
The one thing I detest about all of the different fitness bands/watches/whatever is the they only seem to allow you to "friend" individuals who have the same device. This of course makes it difficult to build a sense of community etc yada, yada, yada. So...if anyone has an Apple Watch I would love to add you in the spirit of competition. (May wind up being forced to get a fitbit)

Replies

• SpinSpinSugar69
    SpinSpinSugar69 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    How do you even add friends to the Apple Watch? I found an app that uses the Apple watch,or fibit or Jawboneup to add friends.
  • SpinSpinSugar69
    SpinSpinSugar69 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Here is a link...:activity.club
    https://activity.club/

• techieflowerchild
    techieflowerchild Posts: 46 Member
    Options

OMG! Thanks so much! That will allow me to connect with friends all over the place! MUCH appreciated!
  • techieflowerchild
    techieflowerchild Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    How do you even add friends to the Apple Watch? I found an app that uses the Apple watch,or fibit or Jawboneup to add friends.

So adding friends is done under the friends tab but that will not help with fitness. Supposedly this supposed to be taken care of with the new watch iOS. For the moment I just set my Fitbit app to iPhone so I can stay connected. I also downloaded the app you suggested. Thanks again!
  • amartin0614
    amartin0614 Posts: 28 Member
    Options

OMG!!! THANK YOU!!!! I did not know this app existed not did any of my friends! =)
  • stapark
    stapark Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Do you have to know people who have the activity club app to add friends?
  • lmarin85
    lmarin85 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I just got my watch this week- still figuring it out....but longtime mfp user.
  • mmarshall74
    mmarshall74 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info on the "activity.club" app... just what I was looking for since I upgraded from FitBit to Apple Watch....
  • kerryokerry
    kerryokerry Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    thanks - was looking for this.
  • mvelez33
    mvelez33 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this...
  • liz827
    liz827 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! I went from a FitBit to an Apple Watch and I miss having the challenges and keeping up with 'friends' on there.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Thanks. You can also use an app called stridkick. You can use many different bands and challenge steps.
  • tiggerlove
    tiggerlove Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    just found this group, I'm getting the new apple watch the end of this month..I've used polar for many many years so this is going to be so new to me.
  • hydeaway62
    hydeaway62 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Anyone having issues with MFP on iOS10 today? I upgraded to iOS10 and WatchOS3 on Tuesday. Everything worked great Tuesday and yesterday. Today, MFP is not showing calories burned on my iPhone, but it is showing my step count. If I go to the myfitnesspal.com web site, my calories ARE showing up there. Any ideas?
  • tiggerlove
    Options
    @ Suusik u have to have a name and search that person
  • tiggerlove
    Options
    What name r u using under activity club??
  • tiggerlove
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @Suusik Hi-Fives is like saying good job and motivation.U can send a email to activity club and they will answer ur questions. I have the AW. I just looked u up and sent a hi five.. it will say tiggerlove . I am waiting for a response from activity. club, I will let u know what they say.
  • brileylmt
    brileylmt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Just downloaded the app. Now I just have to figure out how to use it.
  • tiggerlove
    Options
    @beverlyriley900 it takes a few days to figure it out but once u du u can have fun with it and challenge the ppl u make friends with on the app. you can search for me if u wish with the same name..Enjoy.
  • brileylmt
    brileylmt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    @tiggerlove thanks. I'll look for you.