New to group, 3 weeks postpartum

Options
tlflag1620
tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
Hi all! wanted to introduce myself and start tracking progress here. I'm a 35 year old mom of 4 girls, aged 8, 5, 3, and 3 weeks. My prepregnancy stats were 5'7", 145 lbs. I gained 50 lbs with baby girl #4 (I always gain 45-50 lbs it seems, no matter what I do). So I ended the pregnancy at 195. As of this morning, I'm down to 169.0 lbs, so I will use that as my starting point. I'd like to get back to 145, but I've set a couple mini goals in the meantime. I'd like to get down to 160 lbs before the cold weather hits (right now I only have 1 pair of jeans that fit, size 12, but I have a few pairs of 10s that will fit if I get into the low 160s/ high 150s), so 10 lbs by the end of October. After that I'd like to break 150 by February's end, and get back to 145 before next summer. Haven't been cleared for exercise yet, so I'm just focusing on eating well until my 6 week check up. I'm nursing, but not factoring those calories in yet. If I find that I'm losing too fast I'll start eating back some of those calories. I have my goals set for losing a pound per week. Looking forward to getting back to "normal" and getting to know some other moms!

Replies

• amarie210
    amarie210 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new baby! I'm 4.5 months postpartum and 5 pounds below my prepregnancy weight but I have another 20 to lose. I sorted jeans yesterday and found 3 pairs that fit! I also found 6 pairs that don't fit, and 3 of those still have tags. They must have been goal jeans at some point. Apparently I never made it to my goal. I hope to fit into them by Halloween!
  • tlflag1620
    Options
    Officially achieved my first mini goal! Down to 160 and still have a week left of October :). I know the next ten lbs will be harder, but I'm feeling pretty good and still very motivated. Sticking with low carb/high fat choices to control appetite and minimize the need to log food daily (ain't nobody got time for that, lol). Am giving myself more time to get the next ten off, especially with the holidays approaching. Baby the fourth is doing well, still exclusively breastfeeding (no supply issues so I figure I must be getting adequate calories). Glad to be back in my size tens.... Now to get into my size eights....
  • mrsmunde
    mrsmunde Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Love the updates :)
    Feel free to add me as a mommy friend - I'm always looking for people to motivate me and help hold me accountable
  • zmama109
    zmama109 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congrats @tlflag1620!!! Way to hit that first mini goal with time to spare:) I am 10 days PP and I just set mini goals for myself as well. Looking forward to hitting that first one:)
  • tlflag1620
    Options
    Not my official weigh in day, but as of this morning I am down to 155.4 lbs. I have until the end of February to drop the next 5.4 lbs and get to my next mini goal. Totally do-able, even if tonight's partying adds back a couple lbs. I'm sure it will, but it will be mostly water, so easy come, easy go (I hope!). Taking eight weeks to lose five lbs kinda stinks, but that's the holidays for ya... Glad I didn't gain, and hoping to get back down to business in 2016!

Happy New Year all!
  • tlflag1620
    Options
    I hit my prepregnancy weight this morning!! Woohoo! I did not hit 150 by February's end (I was close), but I saw 145 this morning (well, 145.6, lol). So I made my goal ahead of schedule :). Setting those mini goals helped keep me motivated, and making them realistic did wonders for my morale. Hope everyone here is making good progress!
  • suzievv
    suzievv Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I also gain 50 pounds during my pregnancies. I enjoyed reading your mini-goals and I'm going to try that myself.