Nine Month Progress

Options
boomerkae
boomerkae Posts: 217 Member
Hey folks!

I haven't been super active in the boards lately, but still plugging away at my logs and trying to touch base and encourage friends when I can!

When I first decided to have surgery, I thought my goal size and weight were 14/150. Then I thought perhaps I should be 140, to give me a little more comfort in the "normal" BMI range. My practice also says you'll gain 5-10lbs back, so I figured this would give me cushion as well, so that if I did gain a few back, I'd be in a comfortable area. The NP was fine with me at 165 at 6 months out.

I'm now 9 months down, and in a size 8. Never thought I'd have an 8 in my size without the 1 in front of it. I don't think I've EVER been this size, even as a child. My weight at 9 months was 140.5, so I'm practically there. I've been dancing up then down this last pound for a week. I just want to see 140 for 2 days, then call it part of maintenance. I'm trying to focus more on strength training, but struggle as I find it a little boring at home with a small set of hand weights. I like a gym better for weights, but can't afford it right now.

The last week or so, I've also struggled a lot in the afternoons. I'm at home after losing my job in February, so I get a little bored, I think there could be some stress too that I'm not thinking about, and, I think I get really snacky during that time of the month. I just want to eat all afternoon. Granted, I'm eating protein rich snacks, and not completely blowing my calorie goals, but my macros can be out of whack. TMI for some, but my cycle stopped a few months ago, but I know when it should arrive, and I'm always HUNGRY then. I think this is another clue that I'm pretty much done - or should be done - my weight loss. My collarbones scare people. :)

So here they are, my 9 month status pics. The first is the day I had my consult in June 14, the day of surgery, and last week, my 9 month surgiversary. Then a few comparisons. One with a different set of clothes, so the excess skin is seen, and because my before outfit is so big, it's a little hard to see what I do look like!

Thanks to all of those who have supported me throughout my journey!!

ji3mzc6u4n07.jpg
aycy4r8na727.jpg
d8alb4vb2nvi.jpg
obeqjr9466d5.jpg

Replies

• rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Great progress! Welcome to the wonderful world of maintenance! It comes with its own set of concerns and worries. On balance, I think it is harder so far for me. Keep all of your disciplines going strong, just different calorie and macro targets.

Rob
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I just posted a topic very similar to this! It's a HUGE balancing act at times. I think we are all going to have to be on our toes for the rest of our lives, constantly trying to figure it out! You have done a great job and you should be really proud of yourself.
  • imboswell
    imboswell Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! I'm coming into maintenance myself (maybe I'm there?) I really want to get down to 165, but have been stuck between 167-169 for a couple of months now, definitely still trying to figure it all out. Great job though! It sounds like you're doing awesome! :)
  • duffslove
    duffslove Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Amazing change..you're doing awesome!
  • gardendoc
    gardendoc Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Good job!!!!
  • GalgoMomAnita
    GalgoMomAnita Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You have done so well! I think you're very smart to workout with the weights. I think that's the key whether someone has had surgery or not. Maybe you could get lucky and find some weights cheap on Craigslist? There are really good videos on youtube about using correct form which is great when using a trainer isn't an option. Best of luck with maintenance!
  • boomerkae
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I stopped by my bariatric office for vitamins yesterday and asked for a weight check. Fully clothes, post breakfast and 35oz of water, I was one pound from goal. Woke up this morning .4 away.

I have 18% body fat now, which is amazing to me. Unfortunately, it's below normal. Not sure if I need to worry about that or not.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Awesome results! You have done fantastic! You look amazing! Congratulations!
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    You get to decide if/when you are done losing weight and if your "collarbones scare people" it is because of what is going on with THEM- not you. Yes, you are now thin- but I do not think you look overly so. Size 8??!!! That is awesome. Great work!! :)
  • boomerkae
    Options
    Thaeda wrote: »
    You get to decide if/when you are done losing weight and if your "collarbones scare people" it is because of what is going on with THEM- not you. Yes, you are now thin- but I do not think you look overly so. Size 8??!!! That is awesome. Great work!! :)

Thank you! Yea, i don't mind my collarbones so much. But I was trying on some lingerie yesterday and the ribs sticking out at the top of my chest, those kinda grossed me out.

I told one person that no one, including myself really knew what I "should" look like at a healthy weight, so it could be jarring or different for all of us to see.
  • akindofmagick
    akindofmagick Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look fantastic!!
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Wow, you have done amazing work! I am envious and inspired. Good for YOU!!!
  • seaghdha1072
    seaghdha1072 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely wonderful! Wow what a difference. Congrats on your beautiful transformation!