BBQ amazing and healthy

abersjm
abersjm Posts: 2 Member
Im always craving the good stuff - ribs, wings, burgers - I know theres healthy options, but what are they?

Replies

• MMCSS
    MMCSS Posts: 3 Member
    I fancy myself as a pretty decent grill master and I totally understand your frustration! There is nothing quite like a beautiful smoke ring around suculent ribs smoked to perfection or a tender brisket that melts in your mouth. I'm sure there are alternatives out there, but I find that rarely do alternatives live up to the real thing. When I BBQ, I consider it an event and not just a meal and my approach is portion control and planning for the big day. An example is putting a half a piece of cheese on a burger instead of a whole one and serve with a side of grilled peppers in EVO (instead of potatoes) or a dry cole slaw (basically just shredded cabbage and carrots with a little vinigrett). Also I do a couple two-a-day cardio workouts prior to the big day so as not to feel so guilty about tossing back a couple of cold ones while I man the smoker. Additionally, when craving wings, maybe thaw out some boneless skinless chicken or turkey breasts and cut them into "boneless wing" size pieces and toss them in your favorite wing sauce and grill those up. One last thought, I've never been a fan of fish, but I've been experimenting with some lately and grilling fish (that taste like steak) such as tuna or mahi-mahi might be just as satisfying.