Meal Planning

randilast
randilast Posts: 99 Member
So next week I begin Round 2 of the 21 Day Fix. Although it could be considered Round 1 since this time I didn't follow the meal plan. But I'm planning doing it this time! I'm working on my meal plan and I'm keeping it pretty simple in regards to what I eat. I don't want to drive myself crazy trying to calculate servings of recipes. So here's what I'm thinking:
Bake some chicken breasts and pork chops.
Roast cabbage, zucchini and boil potatoes.
Make up Greek Cucumber Salad and Italian Veggie Pasta Salad.
I'll divide these into my containers for lunch and dinner and I'll be set! Chicken or pork chop for a protein and any combination of the salads, veggies and potatoes to complete the meals. What's everyone else doing?

Replies

• CrosbyMcDowell
    CrosbyMcDowell Posts: 113 Member
    I just made an excel spreadsheet so I can try and plan my meals in advance. I've got a few recipes I'm making then sticking with salads, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, Greek yogurt.
  • gracemmedeiros
    gracemmedeiros Posts: 10 Member
    Hello everyone. Container question: both my sister and I are doing the program and she is meant to be eating about 1800 (she went for the 1799) and I'm meant to be eating the lowest bracket. We're using the containers and still ending up below. Her super healthy day of meals is only just breaking 1200 calories.

Is anyone else having this problem?
  • gracemmedeiros
    gracemmedeiros Posts: 10 Member
    I just realized I posted in the wrong place :( sorry!
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Hello everyone. Container question: both my sister and I are doing the program and she is meant to be eating about 1800 (she went for the 1799) and I'm meant to be eating the lowest bracket. We're using the containers and still ending up below. Her super healthy day of meals is only just breaking 1200 calories.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I use a DIY version of the containers and I had the same issue. I barely cracked 1000 calories, if even. I kept the ratios of the plan in mind and still apply it but I ended up using my food scale and making sure I netted 1200 calories at the time.
  • randilast
    My cousin said that she keeps it simple with her meal planning - chicken, veggies and a wrap. If she gets too fancy than she falls out of the program. I like her approach. Last night I prepped containers containing: chicken and salad and/or lean ground beef meatloaf with roasted green beans. Breakfast will probably be some variation on whole wheat muffin with peanut butter or a protein smoothie.
  • randilast
    I have a question about protein shakes. I usually do a scoop of protein powder, some nonfat Greek yogurt, fruit and watered down juice for a nice consistency. But juice is out with 21 DF. Suggestions?
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    What about using fresh berries instead of juice? you could use some water to thin it out to the consistency that you want.
  • krstngrrtt
    krstngrrtt Posts: 69 Member
    Hi all. I was wondering if there's anywhere to find out what the meat would equal in ounces. I like my lunch meat cut really thin and having to dice my chicken to pit in the container doesn't work great for everything so curious to know another way of measuring the meats.

• krstngrrtt
    krstngrrtt Posts: 69 Member
    I just made an excel spreadsheet so I can try and plan my meals in advance. I've got a few recipes I'm making then sticking with salads, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, Greek yogurt.

I'm working towards the end of week 1 and a spreadsheet has helped me soooo much!
  • randilast
    @krstngrrtt I found this site that should be helpful for measuring your meat. And congrats on your first week of 21 DF!
    http://nutrition.cedwvu.org/howmuchmeat.php
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    I use Google for so much at work, I found 2 templates that I've been using, unfortunately only one of them is there now:

https://drive.google.com/previewtemplate?id=0AljXwQR3tC3pdHE5cTd6MzQ4VVp3Yy1aV2F3SThDT3c&mode=public&ddrp=1#

• randilast
    Meal planning a success this weekend! I found a blog called "Running Wild" with some great meal plans. I adjust to reflect items that are on sale or in season and less costly. For instance, instead of mixed berries I bought apples and oranges for my side of fruit because they were less expensive. Below are the groceries I bought at Fresh Thyme (best sales on produce) and two of the meals I made with them.