Sassy in September

Options

Replies

• Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I feel that Jill! Felt bloated all week, but was encouraged by the dresses zipping up! We need some weekend strategies then. Mine is just that I feel I deserve it after being good all week, and food helps me to relax and feel indulged :( Could go shopping but already racking up the credit cards! (repeat, nothing tastes as good as healthy feels...)
  • gthing1978
    gthing1978 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I hear you all with the weekend temptations, feeling really bad seeing an increase, and the bloating :( One thing that I am proud of myself for though is the fact that I am still weighing even when I am pretty sure I will see an increase. I feel like keeping that commitment is keeping me from abandoning my mission. Plus, I created a vision board that I face while I shower with a countdown to wedding day on it (today is 87 days!!!) Wednesdays have always been my "weigh days". This Wed I was up the pound I lost last week. I knew I would be due to the party weekend. I seem to gain weight in my face first so I fell like I see it even after one "bad" weekend. This scares me because my wedding is RIGHT AFTER Thanksgiving! :o

This week has started off pretty well. (Well not cunning Monday… I still had out of town guests over and they wanted to go to breakfast and lunch so I did not get back on track until Tuesday).
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    SW:165
    CW:165
    so now losses, but no gains. Really hoping for a loss next weekend. I wasn't particularly good yesterday, but I think I evened it out with exercise so at least it was neutral.
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! Survived this weekend without too much gain; I was up .6 from Friday (I weigh almost everyday to help see trends; it's actually helps on those little jumps that I still see the downward trend), but down 1.8 from last Monday.

As far as my nutrition goals, not doing so well. I think I've been ok on cutting back the commercial soda (I've been drinking homemade stuff from small batch syrup and seltzer). I haven't made a smoothie yet this month. I've been more conscious of drinking more water on the weekends, but not really tracking so not sure I'm really hitting the 64 oz. Hopefully, I can improve on this for the 2nd half of the month.

How was everyone else's weekend?
  • CostaRica120
    CostaRica120 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Week 1:136.7
    Week 2: 131.2

Big loss this week! I think my Week 1 was reflecting some water weight inflation, so I didn't actually lose 5 lbs of fat in a week, but I've been steadily dropping, which is awesome.
    I've been sticking to sugar-free september, and definitely think it's now helping me avoid cravings, so I'm not having as much trouble sticking to my cal goals.
    I'm still walking as much as possible...20,000 steps most weekdays, but I haven't been doing any other exercise except for a few squats here and there.
    I'm really excited that I should actually make it under 130 by the end of September if I can stick to it. I'm going out of town Thurs-Sun, so that might be a bit tough, but I'm feeling really motivated right now. I also have a friend's wedding coming up in two weekends, and all month that's been the one day I think will be an exception to sugar-free september. No reason to deprive myself. I'm going to be driving, so at least I won't drink much and save myself those cals. It has probably been about 5 years since I was last this weight, and then it was the result of some serious restriction. If I saw a gain on the scale, I wouldn't eat again until it went down...like up to 3 days. Eeek. That didn't last long and I started binging and went up to about 165 before leveling out at 150ish for the last few years. I'm in a much better place now with this loss, though!
  • brisingr86
    Options
    That's fantastic Jill! I love when those big losses come off (usually after being stagnant for a while). You can definitely make it to 130 in the next couple weeks.

How's everyone else doing at halfway through the month?

Sarah M, how did the dress fitting go? Making progress towards your goal of 5 lbs down?

Jools, have you submitted your PhD/dissertation? When is/was first day of school for your son? How's the new commute treating you? Sounds like you're still getting at least some workouts in.

Rachel, how are you doing on getting the workouts in? Your work trip is next week, right? How's it going getting invites addressed? I'm working on save the dates and now thank you cards for people who came to our engagement party.
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    Way to go Sarah and Jill!
    I'm hoping to see a loss with all my dashing around with my new job! Nope, D-day is the 9th of October, so that means working on it on the journey to and from work, and at night, which only leaves early mornings for exercise, but managing so far! My son is loving school thanks!
  • CostaRica120
    Options
    I'm posting from a hotel, since I'm joined my FI on a work trip and am working from the hotel today and tomorrow before we head out on a little roadtrip this weekend to visit friends.
    I'm going to keep logging as best as I can, but I'm a bit nervous! We hit up a grocery store last night, so I have some healthy things, so that should help. I'm at my lowest weight in forever, and dread getting home and finding I gained. I know there's no reason to stress, since I'll do my best and I'm sure I won't do TOO much damage, but you ladies know how it is..
  • gthing1978
    gthing1978 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Jools, I did not know you are woking on your dissertation… PhD in what? I am a Psychologist… my D topic was "Identifying Risk Factors for Postpartum Depression" :) Once that thing is knocked out it is such a relief!

I had a 2 lb loss last week which was a shock since I went camping last weekend and ate whatever I wanted. I know my hormones are all out of whack though (due to a surgery I recently had after an embedded IUD) and some weeks I only had small losses I think were due to major bloating.

I am very proud of myself for continuing to weigh every Wed! I can't imagine weighing daily but I think it would be interesting to see how my weight fluctuates on a daily basis. Next week I will be out of town for work and will be eating out every meal… I'm nervous about that.
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    I can't wait for the relief of it! I'm in sociology and its a qualitative case study of community exchange group called a time bank. Congrats on the losses! ( I weigh daily too, mostly, but don't record gains unless they last for more than a week). Good luck for the weekend again everyone! Guests again....
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    sw:165
    w1:165
    w2 (ish?): 162.6 yay!
  • CostaRica120
    Options
    Week 1:136.7
    Week 2: 131.2
    Week 3: 130.6

Yay! So close. Did quite well over my 4 days out of town even though I did drink more than I would have liked (peer pressure!). My eating wasn't too bad, and nice to see the scale reflect that this morning.
    Very excited to see that scale dip under 130 soon. Wedding this weekend, so going to try to be really good all week, so that I can indulge a little.
  • CostaRica120
    Options
    fitfor30th wrote: »
    sw:165
    w1:165
    w2 (ish?): 162.6 yay!

Congrats! You're getting really close to that 160 mark :) Are weekends going better for you now?

• Fitforevermore
    Options
    Doing a little better at weekends, I can hold myself off letting go until sunday lunch time!
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Heading into last weekend of September. Any particular challenges or final goal wrap ups for the weekend and last few days? I've really slacked on my nutrition goals. I was doing ok for exercise, but then days got busy again and workouts started slacking off. Hoping to make it through this weekend without too much damage. Probably biggest food challenge is anniversary dinner with future in-laws tomorrow night. Hopefully will keep it to mostly protein and skip dessert and drinks. Also have a party at work this afternoon that will be dinner so want to enjoy, but not go crazy. It's pretty much my only meal today so hoping that helps mitigate having limited logging ability.

Congrats to others. Sounds like Jill has rocked the scale with her no-sugar and Jools is looking awesome and closing in on her goal. Rachel, hope your work trip went alright. Good luck this weekend everyone and start thinking of what you want to achieve in October.

Sarah
  • CostaRica120
    Options
    Going to a wedding tomorrow, so hoping to enjoy everything without going overboard and feeling like I need to scarf everything down. I'm thinking that for October I need to commit to a routine butt work out because a flat butt will not look good in my wedding dress!

Enjoy your work event and anniversary dinner!
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    Thanks Sarah, yeah I find that maybe just not eating anything on a day when there is a social dinner helps, as you can just eat what you want and it is not too bad!

w1: 165
    w2: 162.6
    w3: 161.2

Getting close to healthy!
  • CostaRica120
    Options
    Had a wonderful time at the wedding but am definitely feeling super bloated and puffy and was up a full 5 lbs on the scale this morning! I know it'll go back down, but hate seeing that :( Will save this week's weigh-in for Wednesday to wrap up the month.
  • CostaRica120
    Options
    fitfor30th wrote: »
    Thanks Sarah, yeah I find that maybe just not eating anything on a day when there is a social dinner helps, as you can just eat what you want and it is not too bad!

w1: 165
    w2: 162.6
    w3: 161.2

Getting close to healthy!

You're doing great!
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    Thank you! I was writing my thesis all weekend and ate junk on Sunday, so not doing my final weigh for September until Friday, hoping to hit that 160! You KNOW you can't gain 5 real lbs in a weekend :)