Overweight

Options
PatrickB_87
PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
edited August 2015 in Social Groups
It's been a long time coming and since I have been on a two month long stall i'm glad it has finely happened. I had hoped to wait till I had said my final goodbyes to 200, but since the scale has started moving again and I can use the positive reinforcement I am happy to say I am not officially overweight.... by 0.3 on the bmi scale. Hurray!

Of course this means I will have to return my Obese Class III (Very severely obese) membership card. Goodbye old friend, and good riddance.

Ok back to work. 1.4lbs to go till the 200 mark.

Replies

• carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Pat, very awesome.... Congrats to you my friend.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    That's a great moment, Patrick! I think I'm 20 pounds from dropping down out of MO classification. :) you'll get to onderland in no time!
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Well done indeed Pat
  • wennim
    wennim Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! A lot of people don't realize what a great accomplishment this is for those of us who have been obese for so long.
  • linzee32
    linzee32 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I need to check the bmi charts to see where I fall
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I was digging to find a chart and found this.

BMI Classifications:

Underweight <19
    Ideal BMI 19-25
    Overweight 25-30
    Obese >30
    Severely Obese >35
    Morbidly Obese >40
    Super Obese >50

• KnitOrMiss
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Ron,

Thanks for the chart...but it's kind of depressing... LOL

Edited to add: For my height, I have to get to:

232.7 to no longer be Morbidly Obese (graduate to SO)
    203.6 to no longer be Severely Obese (graduate to Obese)
    174.5 to no longer be Obese (graduate to Overweight)
    145 to get to the highest acceptable Ideal BMI (and not be considered Overweight)

I will likely end up in the lowest part of Obese to maybe as far as mid-range Overweight, but with my adult "carriage," I cannot see me being happy with an "ideal BMI" here, ever...

Carly
  • mrron2u
    Options
    I'm kind of in the same boat Carly. I can't see myself weighing in at even the high side of my ideal weight according to the BMI chart. I just don't want to be a super skinny bean pole. That all being said:

I think I am technically Severely Obese as of my last weigh in (317 lbs. which puts my BMI right at 40)

To no longer be Severely Obese I need to weigh 284 lbs. (which sucks as I weighed 286 almost exactly 1 year ago - SMH)

To no longer be Obese I need to weigh 244 lbs.

To only be overweight I can weigh between 197-244 lbs.

Geez - to be ideal I have to weigh between 149-197.

I'm not sure where I'll be when I hit that ideal number where I feel good and my health complications from being overweight are as minimal as possible. I guess I just have to stay the course and I'll know when I need to stop losing weight and start maintaining. Charts can't anticipate everyone's needs and desires. They are only guidelines.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    I'd be overjoyed to just get to 199, frankly. I haven't been there in nearly 20 years consistently (a brief bout around 15 years ago, I think)...
  • mrron2u
    Options
    I set my current goal at 225 (which is right in the middle of the overweight category for my height). I guess we'll see WHEN we get there (I almost typed IF - trying to correct that attitude).
  • melissasue0317
    melissasue0317 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I started with a BMI of 49...Currently at 28.9 :smiley: Due to recent vacation weight gain, I should have been at 28.4 haha.
  • KnitOrMiss
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Wow, Melissa, that's great!! 20 BMI gone - you've lost almost enough BMI equivalent to be half yourself.... That is just wild. Congrats.

I guess that is something to celebrate. I've gone from roughly a 55 BMI to 40-42 BMI, depending on which charts you use...

I just hate remembering that I'm kind of stuck in this halfway zone, because then I get all down and moody. :/