Adjusting containers for extra workouts

Options
niota56
niota56 Posts: 5 Member
Hello! I'm new to the 21DF program. Actually just received materials in the mail today and am planning to start after Labor Day weekend.

My question is around whether I should adjust my containers for extra workouts since I'm training for a half-marathon (I do run/walk intervals). I've looked through this group and saw a few references to page 76 stating to bump up to the next group, but that page seems to reference once you've reached "maintenance" and want to continue with the program vs. trying to lose weight/inches. Maybe I'm misunderstanding it though. I hoped maybe someone here had a similar situation and could share some tips.

Replies

• SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    @niota56 I would definitely bump it up, per what it says on page 76. After three weeks, see what progress you've made. If you haven't lost weight and/or inches, drop back down to where you should be. Page 76 addresses both maintenance and what to do if you are doing extra workouts. It's not just a both/and but an either/or/both/and so that page addresses both maintenance and extra workouts and the advice holds true whether you are in maintenance and/or doing extra workouts.

BTW, I was doing extra workouts (not training for a half marathon but still doing extra) and I went up a food bracket. I gained weight the first week and decided to drop back down right away. There's nothing wrong with trying it because it does make sense. Just be sure to keep a close eye on your weight and inches and be ready to shift gears if necessary.
  • niota56
    niota56 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm not yet too far into long runs since my event isn't until mid-November, so thinking I might be ok with my calculated bracket. I guess I'll just need to pay attention to how I'm feeling and the results to see what's going to work best for me.