INtroduce yourself

Options
kayjosh2422
kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
Get ready to get moving and drop some weight.Five, ten or over a hundred, you are welcome here. We hope you find what you need here to achieve your goals. If you have questions, ask, no question is silly. We are all in this together.
ogt2s39f9joh.png

Replies

• CharmaineWebb1
    CharmaineWebb1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Charmaine and I am new to mfp and I would like to join your group. I want to lose about 100lbs and I think that maybe you can help me. I am really out of shape and I need some easy exercises to start out. I hope to hear from you.
  • caero225
    caero225 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :D
    I am more it was less new to mfp as well, but i want to get started with my new way of living in connection with other motivated people!
    What method are you using?
    Low carbs? No carbs? Vegan or with milk products? Juicing and smoothing? There are so many ways... I'm looking forward from reading from you all :smile:
  • hunter87544
    hunter87544 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey. My name is Hunter. I first joined MFP in 2012, but have struggled to maintain a good connection with it. I weigh 265, have lost considerable weight since hearing the news a few months ago, that I am pre-diabetic and headed close to type II diabetes. My goal is to reach 210 before the end of next spring semester.
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I participated in the last Christmas weight loss challenge (and one more after that) before I got pregnant. I'm joining the group to keep up with you guys, but my due date isn't until November 3rd-ish, so I will hopefully be able to lose a little weight before Christmas once I recover. My pre-pregnancy weight was 211 (my initial SW was 282 back in late July 2014), and my CW is around 230 at close to 31 weeks pregnant so I expect to put on a bit more before being done. Hope to see you guys and participate more around November-December!
  • Lune1980
    Lune1980 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! It's my first time in the Christmas challenge. I was at 155 lbs, but I slowly gain back and I'm at 176 lbs now. I want my 155 back and for Christmas it would be perfect. I need motivation since I tried to get back a couple of times to 155 lbs without success.
  • NatalieVintagious
    NatalieVintagious Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Natalie. I'm currently at 162/3 looking those 20lbs. If that can be done by Christmas I will be a vey happy lady !! Good luck everyone x
  • SueCo1234
    SueCo1234 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Sue currently weighing 157 lbs, looking to lose another 12lb - but most importantly for me to maintain that until at least June next year when my son gets married! I am hoping to get to my target by Christmas so that I can buy my "mother of the groom" outfit at the January sales. Definitely want to then still fit it in June. Have managed to lose 30 lbs over the last year (with some ups and downs on the way) and hope that by joining a group I may manage to achieve my aim. x
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Hello all, i am Nancy. I have been on MFP for about 1 1/2 yrs....did a great job initially, but then later gained it back. I think 20 pounds is reasonable by Christmas, so I am happy to join this group.
  • Gennybunny96
    Gennybunny96 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Good morning, My name is Genevieve and I have been on and off MFP for years. I have never gotten to my ultimate goal of 145lbs and have been morbidly obese for 17 years. Just recently I lost 50lbs doing a ketogenic diet and now I want to lose the last 55lbs. I rejoined MFP because I want to do this on my own by eating better and exercising. I had stopped losing weight on the ketogenic diet so I want to kick start again. I am hopping to lose 40lbs by Christmas and then I can lose the last 10 or so in the new year. A lot of people are skeptical that I can achieve my goals on my own because I have failed so many times, but this time I want to prove them all wrong. We can do this! Add me as a friend if you would like to!
  • purejenx
    purejenx Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hi all, Im Jennifer and I've been on myfitnesspal for probably a year now but lost track of it and it wasn't working out, so I made a new account and am forcing myself to do it! My ultimate weakness is chocolate and so I tend to relapse a bit.. I'm currently 68kg/150lbs, but my goal is to lose 7kgs/15lbs by my birthday on November 13th (10 weeks! omg) But honestly it's not all about the weight for me, its losing my stomach, love handles and thighs! Summer is coming so fast (I'm in Australia) and I'm sick and tired of being so self conscious that i only wear dresses, dread going out, don't wear bikinis or shorts or skirts because of my love handles and thighs. I honestly dread summer and it makes me feel sick just thinking about how fast its coming! I really need to do this because I don't know if I can last another one, especially because I usually stay home or inside wearing long pants because i feel too uncomfortable not to, while all of my friends are in their prime with their fit bodies having fun. My ultimate goal is to lose 20 pounds by Christmas at least, because its generally when i eat a lot, and i want to be in a good eating routine to avoid binging. Please add me and message me because I'm more than happy to talk about anything (doesn't have to be fitness related), and I really want to make friends on MFP to motivate each other and achieve our goals together! We can do this together! I know we can, just add me! :) x
  • julia_v1
    julia_v1 Posts: 187 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hello everyone, I would definitely like to lose 20 lbs by Christmas and think it's totally possible (where have I heard that phrase before - sigh) BUT if you're not in it to win it then all it becomes is a phrase and an empty promise...and that's why we have these fab groups. Looking forward to losing the pounds with some new fitness friends. Good luck everyone :) Feel free to add me as a friend...but just let me know why :)
  • dance4fun0617
    dance4fun0617 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been on MFP for several years, but I don't think I ever got to the "21 days it becomes a habit" mark. I've also gained 5 pounds since I started wearing a Fitbit non-stop 4 months ago. I have Just Do It post it notes all over the house that I routinely ignore. Any of that sound familiar? I am fairly active since I adopted the hobby of ballroom dancing six years ago and I live on a steep hill so exercise is just outside the door, but I'm an emotional eater; any emotion and I love chocolate. Thank you for joining this group! Your successes and challenges will help me and the others. If I can help you in any way, feel free to reach out.
  • suebhoney97
    suebhoney97 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm Sue from Rocklin CA. Want to loose 40 lbs and feel healthier overall. I've made a good start but I figured joining a group might provide a little more support and accountability. Starting is easy- following through is my challenge. I LOVE carbs! I'm trying to cut the carbs and eat a high protein diet with a variety of fruits and veggies. So far it's going well. Would love to share diet ideas and recipes to make things more enjoyable and interesting.
  • JMLSZ
    JMLSZ Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm Margaret, from the US but live in Europe. I need to lose 40 lbs altogether but 20 by Christmas is a good realistic goal! I just started here a few days ago and just paying attention to portion sizes has helped me drop 3 lbs already :) 4 years ago I lost 35 lbs (sadly gained it back eventually) so I know I can do it.
    My method is 1) break my carb addiction by avoiding all refined sugar and baked goods (even whole grain!) 2) keep a food diary so I can be more attentive to portion size and calories. Also, exercise when I can fit it in (I know that's awful, but I can't always fit it in, and I have a lot of problems with my joints so I have to be super careful).
    I'm also interested in trying some paleo recipes, since I am also lactose intolerant and those recipes look like they were made just for me :)
    Looking forward to doing this with you all! :)
  • keepswimming16
    keepswimming16 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm Kristi. My starting goal was 60 pounds total, I have lost 16 so far and would love to lose at least 20 more by Christmas. It's been a slow process for me as I start off great then get sidetracked and stop tracking. Luckily I haven't slid backwards. I'm excited to use this as motivation to keep moving forward and the scale numbers going down!
  • janinakomaroff
    janinakomaroff Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Janina. I'm 150 right now and would like to get down to 130. I've bought a new polar watch which i can sink with this app so i can record my food and exercise very accurately. I'm looking forward to the challenge! I think this is great app because of the way you just take a picture of the package of whatever you're eating and it gets all the nutritional info!
  • tfxconnor
    tfxconnor Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Cathy. I am at 162 right now - down from 172. I want to be 145 by end of year. I am hoping to get some sort of FitBit or watch or something down the road. I look forward to being part of this group. I dont usually join groups. Let's go!
  • LadyScorpio67
    LadyScorpio67 Posts: 247 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kristal! This is my third challenge with this group, which is a pretty awesome group I have to say! I started the first challenge April 7th at 266.4 lbs. the goal was 20 lbs. and lost 16. It didn't discourage me because 16 was better than 0. We have a week to go for the 2nd challenge and I'm 1.4 lbs. away from my goal! So far, I have lost a total of 30 lbs. since April! Looking forward to this one and keeping on track through the holiday season. :) If you'd like to add me as a friend, feel free to send a request! I have found that between the communities and MFP friends, it has been an awesome support group to help keep me going, especially through the challenging times. I like to return the support!
  • aimeeswatland
    aimeeswatland Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Aimee. I'm currently at 154 and want to lose 20lbs (or more!) by Christmas. I've been using mfp for years but always end up losing motivation and giving up. I've never done challenges before so I'm hoping they will give me the motivation I need. I also just bought a Fitbit so am currently very motivated!
  • Magenta529
    Magenta529 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Lauren, I've been up and down my whole life but mostly up. Recently I've noticed a big change in my mind set and have lost and kept off 32 pounds since January. I have found myself at a loooooong plateu! So I'm looking for motivation, and ways to change up my routine and make sure I stay dedicated to the process. I'm at 209 (on a good day!) and have about 75 lbs till my goal. Please feel free to friend me.