Anyone taking workout supplements?

Options
tycoon460
tycoon460 Posts: 28 Member
edited August 2015 in Social Groups
Hello All,

Backstory:
I've been working out consistently for 10+ months now five times a week. Originally I did 2 months or so worth of 30 minute to hour HIIT/Cardio workouts a day while eating under TDEE. That's where most of the weight came off. After that I moved to cycling HIIT/Cardio/Weight Training for a month and then plain weight training mass building for a month. While I have lost around 30 lbs of overall weight. Past few months I've been just going for the "recomp" strategy of doing whatever I can to maintain weight, but tone up and build some mass slowly overtime. I know that's not as good as the bulk/cut cycles, but frankly I don't want to deal with whacked out blood glucose from it. After almost a year now of working out I'm still always tired. I try to get my workouts in first thing in the morning, but by the time evening meal is done I'm usually out like a light in the recliner and have no family time. I'm fairly sure it's not a over training situation.

Currently I'm just taking a multivitamin so I have most of the normal daily vitamins covered.

Questions:
I'm just wondering if there is anything to the hype of supplements like online places sell?

Maybe I should be taking some for extra energy and faster recomposition? I figured I would ask here first because unlike most other people we can't just be downing normal whey and pills all the time since most say not for diabetics. I'm pretty sure my protein is fine I'm getting 140-150g on average a day from real food.

So is anyone taking any supplements (creatine, amino acids, protein, etc)?

Replies

• okulyd
    okulyd Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I do whey immediately following my workouts. I find it spikes my blood sugar but I dose for it. I have tried BCAAs and don't like them. I found that they made me jittery but I think they would give you the energy you are looking for. I am afraid to try creatine. I am also using collagen protein to help with joint pain before bed and first thing in the morning. I also use pure encapsulations electrolyte powder which is helpful during workouts. I find it helps keep me hydrated and only has 7g carb.