Color In Motion 5k - 09/14/2013

Options
Is anyone interested? I want to do this and there's currently a Groupon on half-price admission to it. :)

Replies

• skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I was able to get the Groupon. The regular registration price is $50. If anyone else is planning on doing this, let me know! My fiance and I are going to do it and it would be nice to have a "group" to run/jog/walk with!
  • twilli1_fitness
    Options
    I'm in! Just got my Groupon!
  • TabbiKat15
    TabbiKat15 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I really wanted to do this. I don't think I can run 3 miles straight..
  • twilli1_fitness
    Options
    Run-walking works! I think there will be a mix of both running and walking.
  • TabbiKat15
    TabbiKat15 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds weird.. But I'm scared i'll get so tired and won't be able to finish.. Have you ever done a 5K?
  • ColorfulWeirdo
    ColorfulWeirdo Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    TabbiKat- for what it's worth, I have run and walked a lot of 5K's. There will be A LOT of people walking the whole thing . It's a fun experience and if you can get a group together, it makes it a lot better.

It's runs like these that started me on a long and (mostly) wonderful journey of running. Don't worry about not finishing. You'll have a bunch of people around you excited to help you along!
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    Options
    This will be my very first one. I plan on starting C25K this week so I can at least run a bit. My fiance is doing it with me (and it's my birthday weekend).

Glad I'm not the only MFP'er that'll be there!!!!
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    Options
    The Groupon has been re-posted to Groupon's website. So if more people want 1/2 price race entry, go ahead! :)
  • mip275
    mip275 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I'll be there though I haven't walked, much less jogged a 5k since middle school so it will be interesting. I was going to do a c25k program but its too fast for me so right now I'm just focusing on walking it
  • twilli1_fitness
    Options
    It was a great time! Nice family fun event - I enjoyed and certainly recommend for next time!!