Mamas! Update us on the kiddos & your daily routines??

Options
2»

Replies

• AtomicCupcake1
    AtomicCupcake1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    No routine here, just starting and trying to get a feel for things. I'm 32. My kids are 10, 8,and 11 mos, and I have 2 stepkids (10 and 14). I get up, take kids to school, then run errands or clean. I'm pretty much a couch potato who lacks motivation. Lol. Hoping that changes real soon!
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I'm really lucky to have full time care for my kids at home. The kids go to school at 7:30am and I get dropped off to the gym or to golf. I spend my morning there while the older kids (age 3 and 1.5) are in preschool. I have coffee and check my email then do 60 min cardio and then some errands and shopping for the house.

Then I go home around 11 and do mom stuff and hang out with the baby till the boys come home at 12.

Around 4 I go out again while my 3 year old goes to his activities. Usually I will go to the gym for personal training or cardio if it was a golf morning. I just started playing tennis again today so 2 times I will play tennis and 3 times personal training.

Friday night I play volleyball but it's not consistent as it's just a bunch of friends getting together and sometimes we don't have enough players.

Saturday I do a longish cardio session. Sunday is off unless I have a big dinner planned and need some room for wine!

My husband is not overweight but is out of shape. He has started personal training 3x/week at 6am. I also pack his lunch and he eats whatever I cook for dinner.

He comes home by 4-5pm so he gets some 1-1 time with the kids while I do my evening activity.

It definitely helps to have him be so supportive.

I started mid octoberish and have lost 18 pounds so far.

I want to loose 22 more and then will probably start to reevaluate my calories and maybe drop some of the extra cardio.

I think long term I will keep up with the golf, tennis and personal training and just do cardio on days when I'm not getting enough steps in!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I think my family is in transition to establishing a new routine, added to that I'm trying to get back on the workout/weight loss wagon. It's stressful and chaotic! I could use motivation now especially!! I have a two year old, a full time job, a husband starting a new business and who is working six days a week, and live-in in-laws that are helping with his new business/child care. It's crazy! I feel like putting aside time fore me is practically an impossibility. Right now, I exercise at 9pm at night once I get my daughter to sleep, so I don't need to impose on anyone or miss time with my girl. Motivation would be appreciated! Feel free to add me as a friend!

Shannon