Being Single is the devil

TENIAL
TENIAL Posts: 1 Member
edited September 2015 in Social Groups
Trying to lose weight and date at the same time doesn't always go over well for my date and is difficult for me at times. Any

Replies

• OS_KAT
    OS_KAT Posts: 176 Member
    It is hard to be dating regularly while trying to lose weight. I think the important thing is to not lose yourself in trying to find the right person. Pick healthy meals when you go out to dinner, make sure you schedule your workout time and don't let anything interfere with it, etc. Ideally you want someone who is compatible with your goals -- if you make time for your own health, potential dates will see that and you will be more likely to meet people who are health-conscious as well! Good luck xo
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 324 Member
    Actually, I found the best way to lose weight while dating is to date people who will encourage you and/or have similar goals. I've met men who are encouraging and even offer to work out with me or go eat a healthy meal together.
  • firephoenix8
    firephoenix8 Posts: 102 Member
    I don't have that much trouble with eating out - southern culture can be a problem, when the other person keeps asking if you're sure you don't want anymore - but I can save 600-800 calories pretty easily and I get full on that.

The hard thing about dating now is that I plan to look a lot different in a year or so, so it seems weird to start a relationship now. So do I look for the person who wants the skinnier person I'm going to be, and promise them I'll look like that eventually? Do I date knowing the person who is attracted to me now is maybe going to be surprised when I change? I know how dieting works, I'm probably going to eventually lose a cup size or two off my chest (and it would be best that way, because double DDs would look odd on the size I want to be). But you also don't want to just put your life on hold in the meantime.
  • CaliDollFace
    CaliDollFace Posts: 27 Member
    It's not easy, thats for sure. As someone above said, it's easier if you date people with similar fitness goals. I can easily get sabotaged by someone with no fitness goals.