Needing to lose 100+.... again.

Options
Hello everyone. My name is Theresa, and I have been on my fitness pal for years and had no idea there were forums! 2 years ago I posted on Facebook that I had lost 100lbs. I had done it in 7 months. Although it sounds amazing it did not last long at all. Everyone always asks me what I did and I tell them I weaned myself down to 1200 calories per day and did cardio for at least 30 minutes a day a few times a week. I had never dieted or ate healthy in my whole life. I grew up poor and we just never had good food choices in the house, thus my lack of healthy eating habits. So, with my first time ever trying I lost an insane amount of weight, all by using this app and not taking any breaks. Well, ad life does, I was thrown a huge curveball at age 22 when my now husband and I discovered I was pregnant. You see, I have a condition called Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) which is a hormone imbalance that can affect fertility and weight gain. We were so happy to be pregnant because honestly, we never thought it would happen. I mean come on, 3 plus years of zero birth control and then BAM! We had our litte girl, named Addison. Unfortunately for me though...this was an excuse for me to slack on exercising. First I stopped because I was sick a lot, and then I was tired a lot, and then I just gained 30 lbs back and gave up. During my pregnancy I gained 80lbs. In total I had lost 120 lbs, but I just felt so much like a failure. I was embarrassed to see people who once congratulated me on what I did...because come on, 120 lbs!? I have now gained all but about 17 lbs from when I started. I now weigh 300lbs. I know some people may say that since I know how to lose the weight, I should be able to do it again. It's so hard though. I had so much more time before I had Addie. The main force that is driving me to get healthy is her. I don't want her to see that being unhealthy is an acceptable lifestyle. My husband is already such a huge support. I'm lucky to have him to support me, but I would love some additional buddies to help me to hold myself accountable. I'm starting from square one again. I don't want to lose 100 in 7 months again. I think that was the main issue I had. I lost it all so fast and then gained it right back. I know I can do this, but it still feels like I have to re-learn some healthy habits so that this time it all stays off! Add me :)

Replies

• redskyharbor
    redskyharbor Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I also have PCOS coupled with insulin resistance, and suspected endometriosis. So I can understand the weight gain from it :(
    I also have 100+ to lose, and I'm slacking big time oops.
    Add me :)