Trip highlights

Options
soniabogonia
soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
Tell us where you have traveled and what has been you favorite thing there?

Replies

• soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Cancun, Mexico- setting my eyes on the beautiful water and knowing that something so beautiful existed!

Oahu, Hawaii- Taking a surf lesson in Waikiki Beach.

Madrid, Spain- Visiting all the museums and walking everywhere.

Roatan, Honduras- The food and excellent SCUBA diving.
  • nemrut
    nemrut Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Florence, Italy for a summer many years ago - studying the art of the Renaissance where it all began, and having the Uffizi Gallery all to ourselves on the day it was closed. (Also visited Rome, Sienna, Venice)

Greece, several Greek Islands and Rhodes - wonderful Minoan archaeological sites and beautiful Byzantine churches.

Acapulco - The famous cliff divers.

The UK - visiting friends, villages with thatched roofs, watching the canal boats go through the locks, clotted cream with tea. Running into Antiques Roadshow at Gloucester Cathedral.

Paris - museums, Notre Dame, Ste. Chapelle, the palace and grounds at Versailles.

Alaska, once on a cruise, once driving and returning on ferries - Seeing a whale breach several times very close to the boat, seeing Mt Denali and many animals on a day trip into the park, viewing glaciers calving.

Belgium, Germany, Austria, Hungary - Belgian beer, Baroque architecture, music, visiting friends and friends of friends.

Germany's Black Forest (picturesque villages and stork festivals), Alsace (wineries and picking huckleberries in the mountains), and Lake Constance (visiting an island with tropical gardens and a Baroque chateau and church).

Turkey (twice) - lived there for 3 months when my husband taught at a university in central Anatolia for a year. Returned to travel with a friend on the Black Sea coast and eastern Turkey. Amazing Islamic architecture, underground cities in Cappadocia, remote monuments from ancient civilizations, traditional Turkish dinners at student's homes...too many highlights to list!

Myanmar (Burma) - golden pagodas, viewing the sunset at the world's longest wooden foot bridge, Christmas dinner on a beach on the Indian Ocean.

Cambodia - exploring Angkor Wat and the other jungle temples, watching the process of making palm sugar in a small village.

So many places to visit, not enough time to do all I would like to do!
  • acegrassmasters
    acegrassmasters Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    St Thomas, US VI – On a cruise, the beautiful views and beaches
    Progresso, Mexico – on a cruise, the history of the ruins
    Cozumel, Mexico – on a cruise, the xcaret park

Lots more travel I could do but not enough time
  • caccicoo
    caccicoo Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are in our favourite spot right now. We bought a house in Sicily last year and we are here for the summer. It is in a quiet mountain village and we have a stunning view from our terrace. http://mysicilianhome.wordpress.com if you want to see where we are.